Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving around town on a beautiful sunny afternoon with the top down enjoying every minute of being a GT500 owner, when I spotted another GT500 parked along the side of the road. I said what the fxxk, I have owned my Shelby for about 7 months and have never seen fellow GT500 in my neck of the woods. Not only that but, it's also the same color scheme, white with blue stripes, he had a hard top. I pull over and got out to check out the ride and quickly notice all the upgrades, rotors, lower springs etc. The owner comes out shortly after and I said to him "nice ride". The first thing that comes out of his mouth is " I hate this car I should have bought a Vett" , he then says " I did a pulley swap exhaust work, suspension work etc... says "I put about $17,000 in upgrades and he is getting 650hp". Then he says "on the track and best time is high 10's , BUT I HATE THIS CAR" Then tells me that the winter is on the way and if this car can hook up in bad weather its got to go.
I was speech less.....It was my first encounter with a fellow GT500 owner, not what I expected.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to add that everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but dam, you just did all that work, your doing low 10's at the track and your still not happy?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Just passed your color scheme in a vert. on the way out to Sag Harbor this morning. Was that you by any chance?

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
I'm driving around town on a beautiful sunny afternoon with the top down enjoying every minute of being a GT500 owner, when I spotted another GT500 parked along the side of the road. I said what the fxxk, I have owned my Shelby for about 7 months and have never seen fellow GT500 in my neck of the woods. Not only that but, it's also the same color scheme, white with blue stripes, he had a hard top. I pull over and got out to check out the ride and quickly notice all the upgrades, rotors, lower springs etc. The owner comes out shortly after and I said to him "nice ride". The first thing that comes out of his mouth is " I hate this car I should have bought a Vett" , he then says " I did a pulley swap exhaust work, suspension work etc... says "I put about $17,000 in upgrades and he is getting 650hp". Then he says "on the track and best time is high 10's , BUT I HATE THIS CAR" Then tells me that the winter is on the way and if this car can hook up in bad weather its got to go.
I was speech less.....It was my first encounter with a fellow GT500 owner, not what I expected.
Not that you'd have reason to look, but did he happen to have an incredibly small p*nis?

bj

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Someone asked me why I didn't buy a Corvette instead of the Shelby. I told him I wasn't old enough and didn't have enough gold chains.

:rocker:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Someone asked me why I didn't buy a Corvette instead of the Shelby. I told him I wasn't old enough and didn't have enough gold chains.

My wife (who has no real idea about car culture and such), actually said that to me when I mentioned I was thinking about buying a Vette about 5 years ago.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You know what you hit it on the head, this guy was older and had gold chains....LOL, that is too funny.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just wanted to add that everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but dam, you just did all that work, your doing low 10's at the track and your still not happy?
I find that most people are about as happy as they decide to be. Its not the car in this case.

·
Registered
483 Posts
In today's market (GM employee pricing etc.) I would really have to consider a z06. You can get into one for $65,000. I am probably in the $61,000 range right now everything in. I'm not really into this car for the "shelby factor"...I'm in it as the next generation cobra as opposed to my 03.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

Exactly!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Anybody that could bitch about this car is a complete prick!....that said thank you Mr. Shelby for giving us the best car you ever made! :clap: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
If I was him I would feel the same. He spent 17K on mods and only has 650hp. He should be depressed. If he would have taken it to Evolution for that money he would have had over 800hp :)

My car is making 574 at the wheel and I only have the normal bolt ons, at a cost of maybe 2K I have put into.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You know what you hit it on the head, this guy was older and had gold chains....LOL, that is too funny.
Confirmed. My girl and I were driving up to CT for my niece's wedding two weeks ago; rolling up I-695 just leaving Merryland, and we come upon a string of Corvettes, various years, and varying degrees of mods, most appear to be stock. They are all doing 60 in the middle lane, and as we're passing in the right lane (don't ask) doing 70'ish ;), in the Shelby; Maricela leans over and says, after passing about 15 cars, 'look they are all really old'. She's 51 & I'm 53!!! LOL!!! They were mostly in their 60's and 70's, it seemed. We're no Spring chickens, but we could both pass, and have, for 40-somethings. It's a state of mind... ;)
:cowtounge:

·
Registered
67 Posts
LOL!!! This just cracked me up! I mentioned this to my wife and she said that you need to add a perm to the list. So its older guys, with gold chains and a perm!

·
Registered
20 Posts
As embarrasing as it might be, I drove a friend vette home for him when he had been drinking, He was all proud of his vette and after the ride I told my wife that ist was the biggest POS I had ever driven... She laughed and said "Yeah, I really do not like them either".. I most likely will never drive another. I have had 30 something Mustangs over the years and the Shelby GT500 Kicks Butt hands down.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts