Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else just really fed up with Ford and the whole TSB issue? I can't believe you pay $50K for a car and within 2,000 miles have to take it in for 14 days of service. I have a number of issues that are perhaps directly the dealer's fault, but I blame Ford since the dealer represents them.

1. The car was promised to be ready in 3 days (which is reasonable for R&R the tranny and clutch). One the 4th day they said it would be 1 more day. on the 5th day they called with a bs story about a torque to yield nut being bad. I got up there and it's a torxhead bolt is stripped / rounded out. They say it will be ready in 3 more days. 3 days pass, and I'm told 2 more days. Those 2 pass and I'm told 1 more day, that they're having issues. 1 more day they, after jerking me around throughout the day, the car is finally "safe to drive, but has a small unnoticeable vibration." They said they ordered the part, it'll be here Monday afternoon (because of the holiday weekend), but I can enjoy it until it gets in, drop it off and they'll have it fixed in a half day. The vibration is from the driveshaft's center support. They said when the driveshaft was hanging while the repairs were being done, it got stretched, and now there's a 1/4" play allowing the driveshaft to wobble while driving. Let me tell you, this is hardly "unnoticeable," it is a major vibration.

2. The car is way out of alignment now for some reason. I can make left hand lane changes without touching the steering wheel. I can't think of anything that would cause this other than them hitting a major pothole while they were "road testing" it after the repairs.
I'm at a loss as of what to do. I think I'll have the part shipped to another dealership and have them fix it, since this one strikes me as incompetent. I am still pissed at Ford that a new car with less than 2,000 miles has to have this major of a service. The service is unacceptable, and that if I want to go to try my luck at another dealership, I have to drive 45 minutes out of my way.

A while back Daimler Chrysler did a buyback of all of the Dakota R/Ts, including any mods if you had the receipts, (to avoid a class action lawsuit by several owners)because of a miss print in the brochure about its towing capacity, which seems like a much smaller issue then a major mechanical defect. I only bring this up, because it looks like Chrysler took much better care of its customers than Ford is. Funny thing is, this is a much more expensive car, and in a time where the image of the American car company is in need of much more help.

Well, I'm done venting. But mostly wrote this because I'm curious if I'm being unreasonable, or if I am the only one that is this upset of the whole TSB situation and handling of it. Thoughts...

Jason

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
sorry to hear of your pain and suffering. how many TSB's has this dealership performed? Are they SVT? Are their techs senior qualified tech's. Did they have all the proper tools? (obviously not).. We have all felt the pain to a degee, but most were in and out in at most three days. That's completely unforgiving of the dealership. Find a better dealership to work with in the future. If they were performing the TSB, the DS had no business even being attached to the car (i surmise they let it hang from the pinion) which is unacceptable practice. Demand a new DS. Demand a new complete alignment. File a complaint with Ford. They obviously don't know the practices of this dealership. I wouldn't have even driven it off the lot with vibration. Would have demanded a free rental and had the manager begging for forgiveness. Demand with Ford that you want it re-evaluated by another qualified dealer. Not sure i that'll happen, but worth a shot..based on their poor performance. May be out of your way, but if a good dealer, worth it. JMO.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry to hear your troubles. I think those issues that are really bothering you are dealership related not Ford related. Yes the TSB issue is from the factory, but the monkeys ****ing the football and causing you grief are the dealership guys. Let me know (via pm if u feel the need) what dealer it is so I can avoid them.

People online complained about the "notch" or "grind" on the T3650 on my 02GT until a TSB came out. I never bothered taking it in, just swapped fluids and a new shifter and lived with a little stiffness in the cold. Because I was worried about the dealer techs making a mess or making it worse. After 5 years under boost it was still good to go when I traded it in. I'm not sure how bad your symptoms were to make you take it in for the fix, just sharing my (somewhat tangential) experience.

My09 was built after the problem and has been trouble free, but that was luck. I didn't research it. I just wanted the black one. On a side note, still would like to meet up. I am deploying in June. Hit me up sometime before then.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I have done my own tranny swap for that exact reason. The new TSB calls for open heart surgery on the tranny, something I would not attempt. I was fortunate enough to get a new tranny as mine was one of the first to fail. If they could not properly torque a bolt and let the drive shaft just hang in the breeze by the center bearing, I would question the tranny rebuild. Hopefully they sent that out to a qualified Tremec shop as most dealers are not equipped to deal with that portion of the TSB. Been there, done that with Ford and GM.

·
Registered
658 Posts
After a week of having mine in for the Tsb and the back order of a gear that was needed,
I got pissed and demanded a new trans be installed! They complied.
I feel your pain Brother, but your situation appears to be a dealer jerk off.
joe

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm sorry to hear some of you guys are having the issues that you are having. I have not had any problems......yet. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called Ford Corporate, and they said "we are only responsible for factory defects, any issues incurred during repair are the dealer's responsiblity." So basically nobody gives a shit, the dealer clearly doesn't care, Ford doesn't care what its dealers do. And I'm stuck. Unbelieveable. I'll never buy another American made car again. I can't believe this is how they treat customers this day in age. I can't believe Ford won't stand by their products and ensure that their repairs are correctly completed.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Called Ford Corporate, and they said "we are only responsible for factory defects, any issues incurred during repair are the dealer's responsiblity." So basically nobody gives a shit, the dealer clearly doesn't care, Ford doesn't care what its dealers do. And I'm stuck. Unbelieveable. I'll never buy another American made car again. I can't believe this is how they treat customers this day in age. I can't believe Ford won't stand by their products and ensure that their repairs are correctly completed.
Call your dealer, and get the number for the Ford factory rep and get him involved!

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is not good to hear about Ford & the dealer. Ford can take some type of action and pressure the dealer to do what is right. I'm am not happy about this information.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
It's not an issue of Ford not willing to do the work from what I understand. Obviously their techs made mistakes during the TSB. They are willing to fix it, he is just frustrated that it is taking so long. I don't know what Ford could do to help, they are going to fix it, it's just going to take longer than initially promised. I completely understand how pissed you are, and I'm sure I would be too, but it is what it is and not much can be changed. I personally would tell that dealer they will never touch my car again, and make them pay to have it towed to a dealer qualified to do the repair. I'm guessing that they are not an SVT certified dealer. As far as calling Ford, you have to know who to call. If you call general Ford with a complaint, they are going to blow you off, it's common sense as a million calls go through them for stupid things, so major things get blown off too (downside of growing into a large company). I'm sure if you get a hold of the factory rep for the dealer they will address your issue. It's not a reason to never buy another American car, it's one bad experience snowballing because you have an incompetent dealer. Good luck, do some research about the competent dealers in your area, there is a ton of TSB info here and on TS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought you wrote the part is on order ? Why are you stuck ? I understand the anger if the dealership is not going to repair the car, but if they are going to repair the car you sound like a whining bitch that should be driving a prius. Just kidding I am just a smart ass.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Funny how those kind of remarks get remembered on this site, especially when the publisher of those comments needs help or advice.....................

·
Registered
867 Posts
I heard the Prius will smoke us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny how those kind of remarks get remembered on this site, especially when the publisher of those comments needs help or advice.....................
It is funny how a smart ass remark is remembered in your mind !
But remarks like "the dealer clearly doesn't care"
"Ford doesn't care what its dealers do"
"I'll never buy another American made car again"
"I can't believe Ford won't stand by their products"
do not get remembered or confronted. With remarks and attitudes like these it may not matter very long and you won't be able to buy American or have anything manufactured American. I remember remarks like these so maybe I am on the wrong site. Happy Easter !

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
AWESOME! So I dropped my car off on Tuesday for Ford's second attempt at unfucking their shotty design (post TSB it was grinding in 6th gear), and find out today (two days later) that they've just now diagnosed the problem (TSB again), it won't be ready until next Tuesday. It's great, out of the 4 months I've owned my car it has been in the shop for 24 days! I'll get it back in time to drive it and hopefully enjoy it for about 5 days before I go out on deployment again. I can't believe what a problem this car has been. UNBELIEVABLE! The best part is when you call Ford Corporate to complain you get some third party service that doesn't do anything other than read a script, no results. No sincerity from Ford what so ever. Oh well, if I had more time before I deployed I’d seriously consider trying to force them to buy this lemon back, but we all know that process will take more than the five days I have before I have to head out. This is by far, the worst purchase I’ve ever made.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts