Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm trying to find something out here. Who currently has the fastest (i.e. mph) GT500 in the country. I recall last year that Evolution Performance had the fastest. Do they still hold the crown?

Additionally, who has the quickest (i.e. e.t.) GT500? Maybe that is Evolution Performance as well.

Let me know and thanks. I'm doing a quick comparison of cars that have put down the numbers. I'll do my own research for performance parts.

flip

·
Registered
861 Posts
evo 1/4th mile. [email protected]
they are currently working on a TwinTurbo setup.

not sure on top speed. I have seen a video of a guy on the autobahn and I think he was topped around 210mph. Not sure if he was maxed out or not.

JJ

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a track in the USA that can measure the top speed of a car besides at The Bonnyville salt flats ?
Hmmmm, not sure about that one; however, I wasn't talking about all out GT500 top speed. I'm referencing the fastest recorded "mph" through the 1/4 mile.

Two cars can have the same "e.t." but the "mph" is often different as wheel spin during launch often accounts for this fallacy.

Thanks Guys

flip

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
evo 1/4th mile. [email protected]
they are currently working on a TwinTurbo setup.

not sure on top speed. I have seen a video of a guy on the autobahn and I think he was topped around 210mph. Not sure if he was maxed out or not.

JJ
JJ, Evo's recorded [email protected], was that actually with their TT car or the Supercharged one. You referenced "they are currently working" does that mean they are working the bugs out to acquire a faster time.

If this is there TT car that s a whole different ball game as I'm only talking Supercharged. I'm pretty sure by now you guys have figured out what I'm trying to do. I would love a 9-second GT500.

Oh, 210mph, I think you mean 210kph right. Damn, I think at 210mph, the engine would magically jump out of the engine compartment and rest.:thinkerg:

flip

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
JJ, Evo's recorded [email protected], was that actually with their TT car or the Supercharged one. You referenced "they are currently working" does that mean they are working the bugs out to acquire a faster time.

If this is there TT car that s a whole different ball game as I'm only talking Supercharged. I'm pretty sure by now you guys have figured out what I'm trying to do. I would love a 9-second GT500.

Oh, 210mph, I think you mean 210kph right. Damn, I think at 210mph, the engine would magically jump out of the engine compartment and rest.:thinkerg:

flip
flip ,
Evo has not even finished the TT car yet and when they got the 9.34 with the SC car they were having traction problems at launch so there's more left in the chassis still. The 210 was MPH not kph.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Their is another guy that works for a performance shop that has always claimed better numbers than EVO. He is on Team Shelby and he is very arrogant, I don't remember his name. He always posted his results and they were better, but the shop was not well known so most people never saw their results.

I believe his user name is NX338 and believe the shop is Karls East Coast, not sure that is correct?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Their is another guy that works for a performance shop that has always claimed better numbers than EVO. He is on Team Shelby and he is very arrogant, I don't remember his name. He always posted his results and they were better, but the shop was not well known so most people never saw their results.

I believe his user name is NX338 and believe the shop is Karls East Coast, not sure that is correct?
I believe his name is Kevin (on left) and Raymond (owner on right) Actually very nice guys , met them at Tasca. They just don't like EVO.... wonder why ? LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts

flip
THAT TIME THAT EVO RAN WAS WITH HIS AUTOMATIC RACE CAR.

·
Registered
5 Posts

AS OF TODAYS DATE THAT CAR HAS RUN THE BEST TIMES FOR A 6 SPEED SHELBY IN THE 1/4 MILE 9.81 144 MPH WITH A BEST TOP SPEED OF 146 THIS CAR IS DRIVEN DAILY ON THE STREET. MANY WHO POST ON THESE BOARDS HAVE SEEN THIS CAR AT DIFFERENT EAST COAST STRIPS CARROLL SHELBY ACTUALLY SIGNED THE DASH AT THE TASCA SHOW. AS FOR KARLS EAST COAST THEY HAVE ALWAYS TRIED TO HELP ANYONE AND POSTED EVERYTHING THEY DID WITH THIS CAR TO THOSE THAT ASKED I DONT CALL THAT ARROGANT I CALL THAT HELPFUL

·
Registered
867 Posts
AS OF TODAYS DATE THAT CAR HAS RUN THE BEST TIMES FOR A 6 SPEED SHELBY IN THE 1/4 MILE 9.81 144 MPH WITH A BEST TOP SPEED OF 146 THIS CAR IS DRIVEN DAILY ON THE STREET. MANY WHO POST ON THESE BOARDS HAVE SEEN THIS CAR AT DIFFERENT EAST COAST STRIPS CARROLL SHELBY ACTUALLY SIGNED THE DASH AT THE TASCA SHOW. AS FOR KARLS EAST COAST THEY HAVE ALWAYS TRIED TO HELP ANYONE AND POSTED EVERYTHING THEY DID WITH THIS CAR TO THOSE THAT ASKED I DONT CALL THAT ARROGANT I CALL THAT HELPFUL
My eyes...the goggles do nothing!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I didn't say that Karls east coast was arrogant, just this poster> NX338.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Why does that guys chin look like a set of b... oh never mind. What were we talking about again?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts