Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are getting outstanding reviews and want to know if anyone here has installed them yet. They have a 295/40/18 that is a 27.2'' tall and a 255/45/18 that is 27.0'' tall. Looks like a good track/street tire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't seen it yet but it is definitely the first time I'm going to try when the stockers wear out. The 295 width means less bulge and superior quality of contact patch than 305 and the fact that its a little taller is a good compliment to 3:73 gears IMO.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had them on the 07-GT500SCJ, do you plan on drifting? Running over 700rwhp they were useless. Go with Nitto's 305/40/18, they fit perfert on the stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had them on the 07-GT500SCJ, do you plan on drifting? Running over 700rwhp they were useless. Go with Nitto's 305/40/18, they fit perfert on the stock wheels.
OK, thanks. I was looking at the Nittos in that size, but the Discount tire dude said they would not fit. Is it the drag radials or another?

/

·
Registered
39 Posts
1) I had those Falkens on my stg. 3 Roush that made a little over 400rwhp and they did "decent" i guess.

2) I am running the Nitto 305/40/18 as well as they fit without an issue.

·
Registered
246 Posts
They're a fine tire overall, little sketchy in the rain. However, because they're meant to be a street/track biased tire, the sidewalls are pretty stiff so the ride is a bit harsher than most normal street tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bringing up an old thread but they changed the 615's and now called 615-K's. Claim they are better. Any one try the new tires?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts