Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a gt500kr today, I was admiring it when I started to notice some stuff that made it seem...off.

1.Different exhaust system that sounded worse (pretty tame) compared to the KR mufflers / h-pipe.
2.They didnt have the factory grill / front chin spoiler...it was the ronaele one (very GT looking) found here

http://www.monocerosmustang.com/sto...7.html?zenid=6c7297797bf21c4cf7303fd44a42867a

The grill/bumper looked exactly like that but seemed like it still had the factory KR hood...minus the "shelby" in front of the two scoops.

3. What really convinced me it was fake was how it shifted. Im in College Station TX, (college town of texas a&m university) so unless the ~20 year old girl driving it was the worlds best/smoothest/fastest shifter....I could have sworn it was an automatic......correct me if Im wrong but...ford never made automatic gt500krs....

4. The rocker stripes also read "shelby gt500kr"....dont the stripes just say "gt500kr"? I couldnt tell if they were actual stripes or if they were painted on....from what I hear its pretty difficult to get legit rocker stripes from svt.

5. The cobra emblem on the side was that of our GT500s...just a plain cobra. The KRs have a little extra badging on either side of the snake. Or is that just for the 40th anniversary edition?

Is it possible this thing is a fakey??? I saw a V6 mustang with cobra badges and some shelby lettering on it...but it looked so awful and fake it was too obvious. Is this a popular thing for people to get v6/gts and dress them up to look legit? has anyone else seen posers like the above?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Any sign shop can cut vinyl to anything that you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts