Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my car back tonight with mods. 2.6 pulley for tvs, heat excvhanger, 80 pound injectors, boost a pump, and fresh tune and oh yeah big and little bogarts with 315 60 15 mickeys 652 rwhp only up from 640. heres the problem when i left everything was good 15 miles away fail safe engine mode came on with just enough power to get me home. no leaks connections look good. please help me

·
Registered
67 Posts
My first inclination would be to check the wiring to the heat exchanger coolant pump (intercooler pump). The "fail safe mode" problems I've seen so far were all "overheat" conditions relating to the blower. Stuck vacuum bypass valves and faulty coolant pumps.

As you had your heat exchanger upgraded, my first bet would be faulty wiring job to the coolant pump. Pump either doesn't come on at all or cuts off when a wire comes loose and a few miles down the road and you're overheating the intake charge.

Give it a look.
DocGT

·
Registered
994 Posts
there was a post a little while back about an air bound pump on the HE as well, check for flow, for sure!

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I installed my TVS, I discovered it had a bad bypass valve, which threw a code and put it into limp mode. Pulling the codes is your first step.

Just curious who recommended 80lb'ers and a BAP, when at that power level you don't really need either?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on a thread from justin at vmp tuning said the injectors were maxed out. i dont know if it was worth it but now i am ready for the kenne bell when that time comes

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
80lb and BAP was overkill...im still on stock inj...wasted funding...but your right...now you can go bigger on SC. who's HE did you have installed? if anything other than RevanRacing, then pump is probably air bound. only RR's HE requires splicing into the wire loom for its dual fans. but also make sure the pump wire plug is in good and solid. you should have good flow in the resoviour tank. But as mentioned, use your sct tuner and see what codes come up first.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The HE is afco. The problem was in the tune. Its great now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts