Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we got our 03 cobra i ordered an exhaust system called QMP Quarter Mile Performance. I bought the 3" s/s cat back. Does anyone know if they are still making this system? I can't seem to find the website i ordered from i got a great deal on a group buy. I LOVED the drone of that exhaust! It was just awesome sounding. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Now I know I am getting old. I actualy am enjoying the stock exhaust. I guess the days of Thrush and Cherry Bomb exhausts are over for me. I may be selling a set of axel backs still in the box by Motorsport. Same as 07 and busababy. If anyone is interested PM me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to my dealer yesterday and listened to a Roush axle back exhaust. I wanted to hear something close before I installed it on my Shelby. It was a little gravely for me. It sounded good, but I am afraid that when cruising with the top down with the wife it will be a little bit annoying for me. When I reved it up it had some vibration and I didn't like that, you could feel it pretty good.

I think I am going to leave mine stock for now.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Now I know I am getting old. I actualy am enjoying the stock exhaust. I guess the days of Thrush and Cherry Bomb exhausts are over for me. I may be selling a set of axel backs still in the box by Motorsport. Same as 07 and busababy. If anyone is interested PM me.
MY feelings exactly.. I think the stock sound is plenty good and Im able to have a conversation while driving down the road. For those who have changed to after market axle backs, how is the interior noice from them when traveling?

·
Registered
888 Posts
MY feelings exactly.. I think the stock sound is plenty good and Im able to have a conversation while driving down the road. For those who have changed to after market axle backs, how is the interior noice from them when traveling?
I have a lot more miles on mine with the axle-backs than without, but I think the noise at highway speeds is significantly more. I remember thinking when I first drove it how quiet it was and how easy it was to carry on a conversation. It is a little tougher now. Not a great deal of noise, but a steady drone. The thing is, that is why I got them in the first place, so I could hear it better. And of course the four inch pipes look so much nicer, too! Mine are Magnaflow axle-backs.

·
Registered
483 Posts
When we got our 03 cobra i ordered an exhaust system called QMP Quarter Mile Performance. I bought the 3" s/s cat back. Does anyone know if they are still making this system? I can't seem to find the website i ordered from i got a great deal on a group buy. I LOVED the drone of that exhaust! It was just awesome sounding. Thanks for any help.
Isn't that now Stainlessworks?? I know they are working on a full systems...headers on back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts