Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Ford Racing Stinger, the Bassani 2.5 or the Borla Stinger set-ups. What one is better or are they all equal??

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have the Bassanis, and I've heard the Ford Racing in person. They are similar, but the Bassanis have a lower, deeper rumble than the FRPPs. I really like my Bassanis. The FRPPs and Borlas are the exact same exhaust.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm looking at the Ford Racing Stinger, the Bassani 2.5 or the Borla Stinger set-ups. What one is better or are they all equal??

Thanks
Ron
I also listened to both and bought the Bassanis......like 'em a lot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply guys. Are the Bassani's easy to install as advertised??

Also, rpretzel, what is the shorty antenna?? I'm taking it as half the size of the stock one?? Is that a Ford product??

Also, both, the custom Cobra Floor Mats, are those the ones offered by Shellby?? I'm planning on the Signature ones with the color stripe. Does the Trunk Mat come the same??

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bassanis...I paid $80 for a muffler shop to install...he said he had a few minor problems.

I got my Black with a Silver Cobra floor mat set from Late Model Restoration supply.

I also have a shorty antenna...14"...got it from California Mustang.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. Are the Bassani's easy to install as advertised??

Also, rpretzel, what is the shorty antenna?? I'm taking it as half the size of the stock one?? Is that a Ford product??

Also, both, the custom Cobra Floor Mats, are those the ones offered by Shellby?? I'm planning on the Signature ones with the color stripe. Does the Trunk Mat come the same??

Thanks
Ron
The Bassanis were relatively easy to install. I had to do a little tweaking to get them to line up correctly. Make sure you loosen the clamps at the x-pipe. It makes alignment oh so much easier.

Shorty Antenna

I got my floor mats from LateModelRestoration.com

As far as the Shelby mat set goes, yes, the signature and stripe pattern on the trunk mat will be exactly the same as the floor mats.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Installed the Bassanis yesterday. It was an easy install and took just a little over an hour. I love the sound and as the Prez discribed, they have a deeper, throatier sound than the Borlas.

Also installed the Steeda Billet Hood Struts. Another easy install.

In addition, the Evolution Stage II should arrive today. A good project for next weekend.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
That's great, Harley. I'm glad you like the Bassanis. I still get goosebumps every time I start her up. :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
In addition, the Evolution Stage II should arrive today. A good project for next weekend.:D
Harley, I just bought my GT500 on Monday and ordered the Evolution Stage II on Friday, should be here sometime this week. Let me know what you think or if there were any problems instaling the pulley's. I think I might go with the same exhaoust as you too:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Harley, I just bought my GT500 on Monday and ordered the Evolution Stage II on Friday, should be here sometime this week. Let me know what you think or if there were any problems instaling the pulley's. I think I might go with the same exhaoust as you too:D
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of the car! You need to post pics. I hope you bought the fastest color.:D (performance white)

I really like the Bassani's deep throaty sound. Stock was just too quiet for me. I think you'll be happy with them also. You can buy them at V8POWER.com for $426.55 +$15 shipping. The same mufflers in the Steeda catalog lists for $529.95.

I probably won't get to the pulley swap until the end of next week. Too many irons in the fire right now. As far as I've read, everyone that has installed the Stage II loves it. They all feel a remarkable difference.

Keep us informed and we love to look at photos.:)

Cal

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yes it is White w/ Red Stripe PKG........Man It looks Sweet! one Day I will figure out how to post pics......I just found the fourm today! I think I attached some photos. Anyway, the pictures are from the ebay listing that I Won. I haven't personally took my own pictures yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Yes it is White w/ Red Stripe PKG........Man It looks Sweet! one Day I will figure out how to post pics......I just found the fourm today! I think I attached some photos. Anyway, the pictures are from the ebay listing that I Won. I haven't personally took my own pictures yet.
Sweeeet!!!:D

I like the red stripes on the white car more than the black.

Keep us informed on your mods. There is alot of great guys and gals on this board and they are always more than willing to help out.:)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Installed the Bassanis yesterday. It was an easy install and took just a little over an hour. I love the sound and as the Prez discribed, they have a deeper, throatier sound than the Borlas.

Also installed the Steeda Billet Hood Struts. Another easy install.

Harley99fb,
Looks nice and the mods have just begun.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Congrats and welcome croz98gt.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Man I love that red stripe. That is going to be hard to beat. You also got body color correct.

Welcome to the board.

ILLEGAL

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Harley99fb,
Looks nice and the mods have just begun.
Your right. Since I decided against the Super Snake or the 40th packages for the coupe, I starting to do some of the mods I saw that I liked on the Romeo trip.

After Stage II, the suspension and then maybe a gear. :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
Harley, When did you order the stage II. I ordered mine Friday evening. I figured I should get it some time this week (the money already came out of the checking account)

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Harley, When did you order the stage II. I ordered mine Friday evening. I figured I should get it some time this week (the money already came out of the checking account)
I ordered it Thursday and Fred said that I may get it Sat. because i'm not too far from them. Evolution is in PA and I'm in IN.

It showed up Monday.

You should probably get it today.:)

How soon do you plan on installing it?

·
Registered
861 Posts
You should probably get it today.:)

How soon do you plan on installing it?
If I get it this week I think I have some free time on sunday......so it will be going in then. I am keeping my fingers crossed!:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
If I get it this week I think I have some free time on sunday......so it will be going in then. I am keeping my fingers crossed!:D
Keep us posted and take pictures.

Man that car looks good with the red package. Makes me think about trading the vert for one.:eek:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts