Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Will Ford Racing M-5230-5GT 2005-2008, fit our cars??

2) It appears the Borla Stinger Package, is the same thing???

3) Is anyone running this setup??

Thanks, guys

·
Registered
97 Posts
just search on 5GT.

·
Registered
97 Posts
:crbaby: Answer to all 3 is yes. They are the exact same thing as the SGT just louder. The SVT is 50-state, the SGT 49-state, and the 5GT not legal. The KR is in between the SGT and 5GT but looks cheesy. As you stated, this has been covered many times here and on other boards. You can find clips of all the exhausts on youtube if you want to hear them.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
:crbaby: The KR is in between the SGT and 5GT but looks cheesy.
I thought the same thing from looking at pictures of them. Then I saw them in person and began to like the the tips on the KRs more than the others. They are beefier than I thought and I prefer the polished stainless steel tips over the chrome plated ones. I do like the slant-cut tips over the straight-cut tips of the KRs but there are compromises one must make life - why not on mufflers. Anyways, I installed the KR mufflers and love the sound - they are quiet when you want them quiet and growl when you step on the throttle.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I thought the same thing from looking at pictures of them. Then I saw them in person and began to like the the tips on the KRs more than the others. They are beefier than I thought and I prefer the polished stainless steel tips over the chrome plated ones. I do like the slant-cut tips over the straight-cut tips of the KRs but there are compromises one must make life - why not on mufflers. Anyways, I installed the KR mufflers and love the sound - they are quiet when you want them quiet and growl when you step on the throttle.
K, just my opinion after seeing them in person. Tips are too small and I don't like seeing the can from the back of the car. To each their own.

·
Registered
354 Posts
What he said. I didnt like the look of the KR tips but photos can be deceiving. After having them, my opinion changed. Cheesy they're not.They are well made and look better than the chrome IMO. Oh yea, the sound is awesome too. Yes, very subjective.

·
Registered
429 Posts
if you get the kr's, you should spend a hour or 2 polishing them, they come right off the line and need some prework

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What he said. I didnt like the look of the KR tips but photos can be deceiving. After having them, my opinion changed. Cheesy they're not.They are well made and look better than the chrome IMO. Oh yea, the sound is awesome too. Yes, very subjective.
From the sound clips I have heard, they sound great....but they look like chit, and I really don't want the tips sticking out.

I am personally a sucker for angled rolled chrome tips.

Thanks for the input, everyone!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts