Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 grabber lime gt500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, my 2020 shelby gt500 just hit 17000 on the odometer. When I took it to my place to get the oil changed, we noticed both front tires were showing the cords on the inner corner of the tire. I do drive my car aggressively (never road coursed). I know ford sets the camber at -.92 for the front. Not sure if this is normal? Didn't think it was. Any help is much appreciated guys. Thanks!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
Common problem on these cars. They don’t come with the proper street alignment from the factory. Get your toe corrected.

Great pic by the way!

·
Registered
2020 grabber lime gt500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Common problem on these cars. They don’t come with the proper street alignment from the factory. Get your toe corrected.

Great pic by the way!
Hey Tim! When you say toe corrected,you mean like a alignment? Should I order some adjustable camber bolts? Or just align it back to factory specs? Thanks for the quick response and the compliment on the pic!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
Hey Tim! When you say toe corrected,you mean like a alignment? Should I order some adjustable camber bolts? Or just align it back to factory specs? Thanks for the quick response and the compliment on the pic!
We chatted on the phone… for others:

Matt’s 2020 handling package car does not have factory adjustable camber plates. This is not the issue though. The issue is an incorrect factory alignment regarding the toe, which should be -.10 (toe out). Take the car in and get an alignment per the specs in the Shelby supplement. Then keep an eye on the tires. If they show additional uneven wear, get another alignment and adjust accordingly. The tires will speak to you about the alignment.

Reactions: mattkamrad

·
Registered
2021 AntiMatter Blue HPTP
52 Posts
Hey guys, my 2020 shelby gt500 just hit 17000 on the odometer. When I took it to my place to get the oil changed, we noticed both front tires were showing the cords on the inner corner of the tire. I do drive my car aggressively (never road coursed). I know ford sets the camber at -.92 for the front. Not sure if this is normal? Didn't think it was. Any help is much appreciated guys. Thanks! View attachment 243553
Just spoke to Tim about this very question. It seems it is not only related to inner tire wear. I have 8000 mi. on my tires and the right front is cupping/scalloping. I will be taking it in for an alignment ASAP.

·
Registered
2020 grabber lime gt500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We chatted on the phone… for others:

Matt’s 2020 handling package car does not have factory adjustable camber plates. This is not the issue though. The issue is an incorrect factory alignment regarding the toe, which should be -.10 (toe out). Take the car in and get an alignment per the specs in the Shelby supplement. Then keep an eye on the tires. If they show additional uneven wear, get another alignment and adjust accordingly. The tires will speak to you about the alignment.
Thanks Tim! 👍🤘😎

·
Registered
2020 grabber lime gt500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just spoke to Tim about this very question. It seems it is not only related to inner tire wear. I have 8000 mi. on my tires and the right front is cupping/scalloping. I will be taking it in for an alignment ASAP.
My right front was cupping as well! Waiting on new rubber then alignment.

·
Registered
2021 AntiMatter Blue HPTP
52 Posts
My right front was cupping as well! Waiting on new rubber then alignment.
I am at an in between point, was going to wait until I "needed" tires then buy a Signature Wheels setup and new rubber. Now this has sped up my timeline and I was not ready to buy the wheels just yet. Decisions need to be made on whether to just get tires now and the alignment or get the wheels, tires and alignment. :cautious:

·
Registered
2018 GT350
3,061 Posts
Also don't accept a "this is the best we could do" excuse. They can get it right on, but some lazy mechanics will only get the toe "within the green" and move on to the next car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts