Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people have been wondering where we've been the past couple of weeks................ Well, here is your answer......!!

What are the limits of the factory engine? How about 1019 RWHP and 1016 RWTQ with a complete factory stock Shelby GT500 Production 5.4L 4V engine courtesy of Ford Motor Company.

This past weekend at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, MD we finally put our 2007 Shelby GT500 in the 8's.

I will just let the video speak for itself....................

Please post your comments regarding the video in this thread!

Below is a link to download the video....

Evolution Performance, Inc. - First 2007 Shelby GT500 In The 8's Video! (Right-Click, Save Target As)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Nice work, Fred.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Holy Burnout Batman! That was impressive!

·
Registered
547 Posts
That is definitely very impressive. What auto trans are you running behind that kind of power?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes.... Black is the fastest.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
How is that considered stock? Impressive none the less. Nice work Fred, now please work on customer support.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
How is that considered stock? Impressive none the less. Nice work Fred, now please work on customer support.
I think he means stock internals.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: Awesome!!!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I doubt it. Maybe 5.4 only!
The engine is the same original one that has seen the first 11's, 10's 09's and now 8's in the 1/4 mile. It has completly stock internals and was never touched from the oil pan to the lower intake.
What even makes this more amazing is Evo has been pounding this engine for the past two years and it is still taking the punishment. That is a testamony to not only this great engine but to those at Evolution who are doing the R&D on this project.
The people at Ford are very happy and want the engine back for analysis.

I don't believe there has ever been a factory built production engine with stock internals that has ever run an 8 sec 1/4 mile in history.....until now.:roller:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Svtbird91. Now I am truly impressed.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The engine is the same original one that has seen the first 11's, 10's 09's and now 8's in the 1/4 mile. It has completly stock internals and was never touched from the oil pan to the lower intake.
What even makes this more amazing is Evo has been pounding this engine for the past two years and it is still taking the punishment. That is a testamony to not only this great engine but to those at Evolution who are doing the R&D on this project.
The people at Ford are very happy and want the engine back for analysis.

I don't believe there has ever been a factory built production engine with stock internals that has ever run an 8 sec 1/4 mile in history.....until now.:roller:
Something tells me that not quite the case. I think that's a fresh long Block courtesy of Ford Motor Company.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Something tells me that not quite the case. I think that's a fresh long Block courtesy of Ford Motor Company.
I am a little skeptical myself. I do not believe this is the same motor as day one as I believe Fred told me he was building a motor, courtesy of Ford, some time in late 2007. Fred please give us the full story.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that Evo had a built motor in the black car. None the less if they scored a few pistons tuning this to go 8's and then put a new long block in after it was tuned spot on and it holds together that is amazing. I myself would like to know the truth and don't bad mouth anyone who tries to go faster. I crew for a dragster so I know how bad things happen and quick but Evo seems to be always pressing forward.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Stock block or fully built 8 sec with a car this heavy is just great. Fred you should do a Pinks All Out show. When I first got my shelby August 2006Evolution was making a name for themselves and now they have gone big time, magazines, all over the internet. Pioneers with the GT500, I know some might not be so kind but the numbers don't lie. They are slow to get back to me with emails but they make up for the speed with the beast. Can't wait to see it with the spray next :roller:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Just stating what Fred told me yesterday afternoon when I talked to him.
I am still waiting to hear from the source. How about it Fred! What's the story? The truth and nothing but the truth. PLEASE! Weights and measures aside.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats. Evo. Performance Gang

1 - 20 of 30 Posts