Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put this question up on another site as well. I hope to get some input before I schedule my DYNO run.

I installed the Evo Stage 2 on my '08' two weeks ago, and all I can say is HOLY S***, what a difference. I am planning to have it Dyno'd on a Dynojet in the next few weeks and have a few tuning questions.

I am having a bung welded (pre-cat) for installation of an Innovate LC-1 and gauge, so that's where the Dynojet will get the A/F reading from. From those of you that have had your Stage 2 Dyno'd after installation, what did you see in A/F ratio "as shipped", no adjustments.? I am reading from past posts, this is somewhere in the 11.5 - 11.7 range. Being I want to have an extremely safe tune, what should a conservative A/F ratio be? I understand you can add fuel via the X3 programmer, so I want to get a good idea of would be considered conservative.

Secondly, need the same information on timing. What does the Stage 2 program set this at? Again, from other posts I hear the unaltered results are around 24 degrees. What would be considered conservative?

Last question. What other tuner variables are adjustable on the X3, and do any of the adjustable variables need to be altered to give me a relatively safe tune.

Thanks in advance for the info.

PS Shop doing the dyno run is near Austin TX, elevation around 600, temp should be in the mid to high 70's, and humidity arouind 40%, if that makes any measurable difference.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Put this question up on another site as well. I hope to get some input before I schedule my DYNO run.

I installed the Evo Stage 2 on my '08' two weeks ago, and all I can say is HOLY S***, what a difference. I am planning to have it Dyno'd on a Dynojet in the next few weeks and have a few tuning questions.

I am having a bung welded (pre-cat) for installation of an Innovate LC-1 and gauge, so that's where the Dynojet will get the A/F reading from. From those of you that have had your Stage 2 Dyno'd after installation, what did you see in A/F ratio "as shipped", no adjustments.? I am reading from past posts, this is somewhere in the 11.5 - 11.7 range. Being I want to have an extremely safe tune, what should a conservative A/F ratio be? I understand you can add fuel via the X3 programmer, so I want to get a good idea of would be considered conservative.

Secondly, need the same information on timing. What does the Stage 2 program set this at? Again, from other posts I hear the unaltered results are around 24 degrees. What would be considered conservative?

Last question. What other tuner variables are adjustable on the X3, and do any of the adjustable variables need to be altered to give me a relatively safe tune.

Thanks in advance for the info.

PS Shop doing the dyno run is near Austin TX, elevation around 600, temp should be in the mid to high 70's, and humidity arouind 40%, if that makes any measurable difference.
Are you talking about tuning your own car by making timing and fueling adjustments in the maps? I would STRONGLY advise against this unless you REALLY know what you're doing. The people who develop the tunes have had countless hours of practice doing this. I have seen a list of the potential adjustable parameters within the PCM, and it would take up 10 pages of text. This is not a job for the average person.

As far as a safe A/F, I'm no expert, but given what I've seen, something in the 11.3 - 11.6 range would be slightly conservative.

There is a Diablosport tuner, FRPP makes a tuner but I think it's limited in what it can do, and I think there is a Mafia tuner as well. I have the X3, but have not used it other than to upload a tune.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, not looking to reprogram the tune, just add fuel if approaching 12 at WOT and reduce timing advance if too aggressive. Others have achomplished this with the X3 to produce a more conservative tune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts