Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the EVO stage 2 kit and WOW! Very satisfied with the outcome! Kudos to Fred at EVO for an excellent tune/kit and service. The puller tool worked great, plug change was a non-event and boy does that S/C come on fast now! :) No driveability or pre-ignition issues. Hammering it now results in a "blurring" effect outside the car (much like going "lightspeed" in a Star Wars movie). :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Installed the EVO stage 2 kit and WOW! Very satisfied with the outcome! Kudos to Fred at EVO for an excellent tune/kit and service. The puller tool worked great, plug change was a non-event and boy does that S/C come on fast now! :) No driveability or pre-ignition issues. Hammering it now results in a "blurring" effect outside the car (much like going "lightspeed" in a Star Wars movie). :D

I have heard nothing but good from this combo.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I thought I was doing good with map and intake... I am really sucking hine tit here :) Well I did order 3.73 gears, bearings, shims, and Royal purple gear lube.

Keep us updated on the status of the beast... personally not planning pulley mod until next year...want gears and some steeda suspension parts this year put in and then will look forward to a pulley change for next year :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
2008Shelby....Have you run it on the dyno yet?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2008Shelby....Have you run it on the dyno yet?
No, haven't seen the dyno yet. I can say that an identical GT500 to mine with this same combo was dyno'd at 584 rwhp and 590 rwtq. If my math is somewhat accurate that equates to about 688 hp at the crank (w/15% drivetrain loss).

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
No, haven't seen the dyno yet. I can say that an identical GT500 to mine with this same combo was dyno'd at 584 rwhp and 590 rwtq. If my math is somewhat accurate that equates to about 688 hp at the crank (w/15% drivetrain loss).
I'm sorry, but it's actually 687.05882352941176470588235294118 hp at the crank. :D :p :D :p :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you comment on the installation? Does it require a lift or removing the front bumper cover? Are the instructions complete?

Just wondering if this is a job that a couple of people with modest technical abilities could complete in their own garage over a weekend.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
The guy must own his own dyno. NFW he saw 584 at the tires. On average....on calibrated, real world dynos, it's making 540-550 rwhp and 510-530 ft lbs torque.

I have it installed...been on two different dynos...both within 10rwhp std and less than 5 difference sae.

bj

1 - 9 of 9 Posts