$110.00 - Driveshaft Loop
$1,850.00 - 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with Off-Road X-Pipe
$1,775.00 - Ultimate "Lowering" Suspension
$600.00 - Tokico D-Spec Shocks
$750.00 - Shelby Heat Exchanger with Fans
$8,200.00 - EVO Series II Wheels
$ 685.00 - Ford Racing "Stinger" Axle Back Exhaust
@ $23K before labor and brakes

A special thanks to Fred for his patience with me and my emails.

What I would like to know is what the members think about these recommendations. I would like to know what real world experience has been like with these recommended MODS.

Plus, at this point why not go for SS for an additional $8K.

Feedback please.

Note - The mission of the car is to NOT race but simply have a real bad a$$ mustang as a play car. This is not a primary vehicle.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Evolution Performance is recommending the following MODS for my 2010 GT500:

$6,500.00 - KB/EVO "Competition" Kit
$509.00 - Polished Fuel Rail Kit
$700.00 - Driveshaft
$110.00 - Driveshaft Loop
$1,850.00 - 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with Off-Road X-Pipe
$1,775.00 - Ultimate "Lowering" Suspension
$600.00 - Tokico D-Spec Shocks
$750.00 - Shelby Heat Exchanger with Fans
$8,200.00 - EVO Series II Wheels
$ 685.00 - Ford Racing "Stinger" Axle Back Exhaust
@ $23K before labor and brakes

A special thanks to Fred for his patience with me and my emails.

What I would like to know is what the members think about these recommendations. I would like to know what real world experience has been like with these recommended MODS.

Plus, at this point why not go for SS for an additional $8K.

Feedback please.

Note - The mission of the car is to NOT race but simply have a real bad a$$ mustang as a play car. This is not a primary vehicle.
if your intention is not to track the car, but want more power (how much versus efficiency) you need to decide. Do more research, get plenty of feedback from others b4 you drop coin..

TVS SC is a great one, better option....JMO
HE with fans...yes
1 piece DS....yes w/loops
FRPP Handling Package is a good system, bit cheaper and comes with adj shocks..
Fuel rails are just for looks, no performance value..but do look better than stock.
Headers...eventually maybe (i have them), but not necessary based on performance gains versus cost.. I did get them eventually to help breath better.
Wheels, there are many options..depends on what you like and want..do research.

Now if your mechanically inclined, all this you can install yourself (except headers system, wheels), unless you have a lift, and save on labor...

JMO...

then your dealing with tuning needs. The TVS Stage2 kit is a good one and comes with tuner and tunes (you select which you want). But eventually tweeking of the tune will be warranted to get it dialed in..

·
Registered
547 Posts
From the sounds of it, if money is not an option, then just go SS and be done with it. At the end of the day, the SS car will actually be more desirable than a bunch of recommended parts. Not saying that you'll want to sell the car anytime soon, but when the time comes you'll get more of the money back by going the SS route than you will spending the same amount of money on independent parts. You'll only get a small fraction of the independent parts back whereas the SS as a whole will recoup a higher percentage of its cost down the road.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Now that would be a powerful set up. With labor and tuning I bet you would be close to the 30k mark. I have basically the same upgrades on my 2010 and is was worth the money. It is good to do some research before you make your decision. I would go with the catted x pipe and a little quieter mufflers and trust me it still would be plenty loud enough.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a simular set up. I went with the tvs blower. I think the rims are over priced. You can get a different set of wheels for alot less.

I have the tvs with the small pulley, ford racing cold air, mafia, monoblade tb, 4lb lower pulley, long tube headers, no cats, 3;73, svt mufflers, 80lb injectors, fuel rails, i piece driveshaft, evo ultimate suspension kit shelby heat exchanger with fans and the shelby radiator, 20" cs40 wheels. Evo did the work and the tune....760rwhp and excellent driveability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts