Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
LOOK N GO said:
Hang in there Oldimp, we are all rooting for you. I just wish when you pick it up we could see you at the local hang out, pop the hood and BS over your your new girl (or boy if you wish). Have you come up with a name yet?
Thanks, LOOK N GO! I am as low as I have been while waiting this out and I appreciate the support from everyone. Sometimes I just lose sight of the big picture! I am so lucky to be in the position to get one of these cars. The time is such a small thing in the big scheme of things!

I have to tell you, 07 SHELBY just sent me an email saying he could "see that long drawn out face, droopy ears, sagging eyes and that sound that Lassie used to make when she was in distress!" It was like he could see me through the computer screen! Hit the proverbial nail on the head you might say! That's my bud!

Her name is going to be "EMMY G". That is my attempt to let my wonderful better half, Emily, feel some ownership! I mean it didn't work, but it was my attempt!

I wish the best of luck for all of us!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
TomC said:
Oldimp

Mine was also built on June 16th... I am also waiting on mine. I am from Ohio and the dealer is Mullinax Ford west
Tom, you will get yours soon, I know! We will all be sharing photos soon!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oldimp, Emmy G is perfect! You know all the girls worth having are hard to get and allways keep you waiting. It makes that first time you lay eyes on her one of the most memorable. Have a good day!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
LOOK N GO said:
Oldimp, Emmy G is perfect! You know all the girls worth having are hard to get and allways keep you waiting. It makes that first time you lay eyes on her one of the most memorable. Have a good day!
Thanks, LOOK N GO, that was a nice post! Hope you have a good day, too!

What part of Virginia are you from/in? I was raised in northern VA (Catlett). Near Manassas and Warrenton.

·
Registered
90 Posts
We are just east of Winchester Va. in a little town called White Post. Catlett is southeast from us. Im sure since you have last been here, you would not reconize Manassas or Warrenton. That area has developed tremendously. This is still country out here. The roads here won't handle 180MPH, but burnouts are still popular. There is always a new pair of tire smoke'n burn outs on or road. Gee I wounder how does that?

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Oldimp, your car is on the way by rail.It was released to Autoport on 6-29.2 weeks of shutdown and a back log of stripes was the delay of Your Shelby.It is the installation that takes soo long.On a good day we can stripe about 7 Shelby's.Yes I said 7.At least it isn't waiting for the shaker 1000.I just love to say that.It was striped on Monday shipped by rail on Tuesday.Smile but don't get to boned up till the dealer calls you.I am not sure your ticker can take another setback.Of course I am very happy for you buddy..................07........................

Are you smiling yet?Hey at least it doesn't have chicken shit all over it like other cars!

Tuesday 7-18-2006 was a special day all the way around!
I could hear his sigh of relief from HERE!

Welcome back, bub. Glad the arm's OK.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
VNMOUS1 said:

bj

You know what I heard from afar,"He better be right this time".LOL

My arm is fine thanks for your concern.

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
You know what I heard from afar,"He better be right this time".LOL

My arm is fine thanks for your concern.
I think mine's still sitting in another "coop". They released it from autport the other day but I don't think it's actually shipped. Customer service doesn't know. C'est la vie.

bj

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
07 SHELBY said:
Oldimp, your car is on the way by rail.It was released to Autoport on 6-29.2 weeks of shutdown and a back log of stripes was the delay of Your Shelby.It is the installation that takes soo long.On a good day we can stripe about 7 Shelby's.Yes I said 7.At least it isn't waiting for the shaker 1000.I just love to say that.It was striped on Monday shipped by rail on Tuesday.Smile but don't get to boned up till the dealer calls you.I am not sure your ticker can take another setback.Of course I am very happy for you buddy..................07........................

Are you smiling yet?Hey at least it doesn't have chicken shit all over it like other cars!

Tuesday 7-18-2006 was a special day all the way around!
I have been smiling all day! I even got a confirmation from my sales manager buddy that it is already shipped and should arrive in Shelbyville, KY today. Two more days (Saturday) it should be in Columbia, SC (I may have to take a ride up there this weekend!) and there is an outside shot that it could actually be at the dealership on Monday!

Thanks a ton 07 SHELBY!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
VNMOUS1 said:

bj
Well, it was a big sigh after all!

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
oldimp said:
I have been smiling all day! I even got a confirmation from my sales manager buddy that it is already shipped and should arrive in Shelbyville, KY today. Two more days (Saturday) it should be in Columbia, SC (I may have to take a ride up there this weekend!) and there is an outside shot that it could actually be at the dealership on Monday!

Thanks a ton 07 SHELBY!
OUT FREAKIN' STANDING!!!!!!

bj

·
Registered
29 Posts
i hope mine was striped and sent out for deliv. just like oldlimp.07 shelby said it was on hold because of the two week shutdown

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
You are welcome.Good thing you didn't order the shaker 1000.LOL.

I am catching up to Busababy.We both have a Sequence Date of 7/17/2006.Good chance they will be built on the same day.

BJ yours should be striped real soon.Once it is striped it will be shipped.This is a real log jam for us.We are tring to correct this problem but it is still a couple months from being resolved.

Wes I forgot,yours also has a Sequence Date of 7/17/2006.Congrats.

Tino I didn't forget about you, it is in the same spot with BJ's.Waiting on stripes.

That's it folks,later.................07..........................
you have a PM

·
Banned
70 Posts
Hey guys. Just found this forum yesterday and this is my first post. Seems like alot of good info is passsed in here. I have a white blue stripe ( like is seems most people ordered ) on oder from Jarrett-Gorden Ford in central Florida. My dealer is really clueless on about everything about the GT500. I had to convince them to go to their dealer webb site last month to prove that Ford was actually taking orders. I owned a 1967 GT500 for about 18 years then sold it to my brother in Salt lake City and have had the bug to get another ever since. My brother in SLC also has a gt500 on order ( white blue stipes :(. As i said nice post in here I'll keep an eye out for any info of a GT500 going to Davenport Florida dealer that u guys who know might post and thx for info here.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
VNMOUS1 said:
you have a PM

Vnmous1,
If you didn't erase that PM I just sent you will you copy and paste it on the forum.I never save them because I receive too many and my box gets full fast.That way maybe it will help someone else,Thanks........07............

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Vnmous1,
If you didn't erase that PM I just sent you will you copy and paste it on the forum.I never save them because I receive too many and my box gets full fast.That way maybe it will help someone else,Thanks........07............
Here ya go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNMOUS1
...they said it was done and released back to the plant. The status is: Released from Foreign assembly of imported vehicle (or sometehing like that). The eta for dealer was changed to 7.26.06 (from 7/12). Has something gone backwards??

Thanks for the heads up

...to which Senor Shelby replied:

We are a foreign trade zone.It is all verbage.The plant gave it to Autoport.Autoport drives it accross the street to get the stripes put on at MNOA(Mazda North American Operations)But our people put on the stripes.Then our people release it back to Autoport and they drive it back to "Coupe Da Poop".It's comming buddy.If the stripes were put on today the shipping company has 3 days to pick it up and take it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
ssss07 said:
Hey guys. Just found this forum yesterday and this is my first post. Seems like alot of good info is passsed in here. I have a white blue stripe ( like is seems most people ordered ) on oder from Jarrett-Gorden Ford in central Florida. My dealer is really clueless on about everything about the GT500. I had to convince them to go to their dealer webb site last month to prove that Ford was actually taking orders. I owned a 1967 GT500 for about 18 years then sold it to my brother in Salt lake City and have had the bug to get another ever since. My brother in SLC also has a gt500 on order ( white blue stipes :(. As i said nice post in here I'll keep an eye out for any info of a GT500 going to Davenport Florida dealer that u guys who know might post and thx for info here.
Welcome to the forum, ssss07! I believe that you will find this to be one of if not the best forum on the Shelby! There are really nice people here! We are glad to have you join us! Best of luck to you!

161 - 177 of 177 Posts