Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
I guess my VIN is still out there in cyberspace somewhere? My dealer just emailed me to tell me my VIN was not in her latest batch to be pulled for production. She said her rep told her it is still showing 'Material Hold'. I'm about ready to take the cash I have allocated for this car and go to Vegas...the last time I was there the crap tables were good to me. Who knows, maybe I'll end up w/two GT500's...or none. :mad:

Shelbywise don't do it.It will come soon.I will help once it comes.I know the emotions very well.It is worth the wait,trust me on this one.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
I guess my VIN is still out there in cyberspace somewhere? My dealer just emailed me to tell me my VIN was not in her latest batch to be pulled for production. She said her rep told her it is still showing 'Material Hold'. I'm about ready to take the cash I have allocated for this car and go to Vegas...the last time I was there the crap tables were good to me. Who knows, maybe I'll end up w/two GT500's...or none. :mad:
I feel your pain ShelbyWise. I'm in the same boat. Have patience. It's funny you mention Vegas. I'm going next week. I guess I feel like I have too much money, so I have to go throw some of it away. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Shelbywise don't give up yet. I received an e-mail from a dealer I contacted a while back and she asked me if I was still looking for a GT500 because she has a White coupe coming in. She didn't say when or how much but I e-mailed her back and asked those questions. When I hear from her I'll let you know.:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Shelbywise don't do it.It will come soon.I will help once it comes.I know the emotions very well.It is worth the wait,trust me on this one.
Thanks everybody...I'm still in...just getting more frusrated by the day. I don't plan on going anywhere, I'm in for the long haul, barring some cataclysmic catastrophe. Its strange, I've ordered other cars before and waited longer to take delivery...the GT500 is all different though. :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
07 Shelby i was wanting to ask you the same question as my previous POST. what is the top dollar u think i should pay over msrp? Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
franky23 said:
hey shelbywise, i was wondering what the top price i should pay over msrp? what do you think? Thanks Ryan
Hi Ryan, Your question is off topic but I'll answer it and perhaps a ADMIN/MOD will move this portion of the thread to it's proper place...Ahh...The $64K question :confused: Both 07 SHELBY & myself are paying $5K over MSRP...and although I can't speak for 07, I'm happy to have been offered that in the SoCal area I live in. There are some visitors to the many GT500 forums who think we deserve a flogging for paying over MSRP...I believe there are MSRP deals still to be had, but you need to be dilligent in your search process via phone and computer...some people can do do this, others cannot. You should get a figure in your head of what YOU are willing to pay for a GT500 irregardless of what you read on these pages. You have to be able to sleep @ night when its all said and done. The fact that you are asking 'how much' over MSRP is too much, tells me that you are willing to pay a premium...only you can put a limit on that premium. GOOD LUCK...:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
Hi Ryan...Ahh...The $64K question :confused: Both 07 SHELBY & myself are paying $5K over MSRP...and although I can't speak for 07, I'm happy to have been offered that in the SoCal area I live in. There are some visitors to the many GT500 forums who think we deserve a flogging for paying over MSRP...I believe there are MSRP deals still to be had, but you need to be dilligent in your search process via phone and computer...some people can do do this, others cannot. You should get a figure in your head of what YOU are willing to pay for a GT500 irregardless of what you read on these pages. You have to be able to sleep @ night when its all said and done. The fact that you are asking 'how much' over MSRP is too much, tells me that you are willing to pay a premium...only you can put a limit on that premium. GOOD LUCK...:)
To get an '07 Shelby or not to get an '07 Shelby...that is the question. Find your comfort level & then pull the trigger. If it is affordable, how can you pass on a 500HP piece of automobile history. PC

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
franky23 said:
07 Shelby i was wanting to ask you the same question as my previous POST. what is the top dollar u think i should pay over msrp? Thanks

That is a personal thing.I cannot tell another person how they should spend their money.Shelbywise is right we paid $5,000 over MSRP.

·
Registered
21 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
07 I got my VIN can you help find out info on how things
are coming along?

·
Registered
90 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
Hi Ryan, Your question is off topic but I'll answer it and perhaps a ADMIN/MOD will move this portion of the thread to it's proper place...Ahh...The $64K question :confused: Both 07 SHELBY & myself are paying $5K over MSRP...and although I can't speak for 07, I'm happy to have been offered that in the SoCal area I live in. There are some visitors to the many GT500 forums who think we deserve a flogging for paying over MSRP...I believe there are MSRP deals still to be had, but you need to be dilligent in your search process via phone and computer...some people can do do this, others cannot. You should get a figure in your head of what YOU are willing to pay for a GT500 irregardless of what you read on these pages. You have to be able to sleep @ night when its all said and done. The fact that you are asking 'how much' over MSRP is too much, tells me that you are willing to pay a premium...only you can put a limit on that premium. GOOD LUCK...:)
Well said ShelbyWise, but I think VNMOUSI summed it up shorter with his quote. "Being middle age crazy... PRICELESS!" Now that describes us all.

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Well we're going to start production back up tomorrow.Good thing too,gettin a little lonely around here with most of the Shelby's gone.For all you that are anxiously waiting for info on your Shelby(including myself)I will try and find out as much as I can tomorrow and get back with you.There's going to be a lot of belly aching tomorrow.Most everybody(not including myself)had 2 weeks off.Soo 2 weeks off and temps in the high 90's=a lot of whinning.I will be busy tomorrow!So I will get back with you as time permits and as the flow of info comes in.
Hey....you don't have to be lonely. My coupe's still there to keep you company!
You know the one..."coupe d'poop".

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
VNMOUS1 said:
Hey....you don't have to be lonely. My coupe's still there to keep you company!
You know the one..."coupe d'poop".

bj

Ok Vnmous1 you are making me laugh.I can hardly type.Your car is out at Autoport with the rest of the "coupe d'poops".That's why I am lonely.I don't want to say this too loud I will get drowned with comments.You guys are going to have your Shelby's before you know it.The rest of us still have to go through the same fowl program.We will all be sitting around eating Flat Rock Fried Chicken.LOL.Then you will be telling us,hey you guys are just gonna have to be patient.

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Ok Vnmous1 you are making me laugh.I can hardly type.Your car is out at Autoport with the rest of the "coupe d'poops".That's why I am lonely.I don't want to say this too loud I will get drowned with comments.You guys are going to have your Shelby's before you know it.The rest of us still have to go through the same fowl program.We will all be sitting around eating Flat Rock Fried Chicken.LOL.Then you will be telling us,hey you guys are just gonna have to be patient.

I can see it now....I hit the horn only to hear the voice of FogHorn LegHorn.
"Son, ah say Son.....move that jalopy outta the left lane and let the big rooster eat!"

Hey, I rented a 6 banger 'vert last week and the top part of the (inside of) doors were hard, molded plastic. I chalked that up to it being a basic car with (probably no)interior upgrade. I looked at an '06 GT with the interior upgrade today and it had the same thing. I also looked at an '03 Terminator that had a softer material. Do all of the 2005+ cars have the hard plastic on the interiors of the doors? Looks like the same stuff the console is made of. Not too jazzy for a 45K car, but then again I bought it because of performance and exterior faaaar more than the interior.

So...what's the real "poop" <rimshot here> ??

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I don't remember.I will look tomorrow.I sure hope you guys get your Shelby soon.I sure hope I get my Shelby soon.This is for the birds.LOL.I am not sure what is worse,you guys not getting your Shelby or my lovely wife going through menapause.I can't avoid either one.Well once the Shelby's and info start flowing again it will take the heat off of me.See you tomorrow............07.........................

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
I don't remember.I will look tomorrow.I sure hope you guys get your Shelby soon.I sure hope I get my Shelby soon.This is for the birds.LOL.I am not sure what is worse,you guys not getting your Shelby or my lovely wife going through menapause.I can't avoid either one.Well once the Shelby's and info start flowing again it will take the heat off of me.See you tomorrow............07.........................
Busy today? :eek:

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Very busy,they were waiting for me when I came in.I am waiting for them to update the computers,maybe 30 minutes.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
VNMOUS1 said:
I can see it now....I hit the horn only to hear the voice of FogHorn LegHorn.
"Son, ah say Son.....move that jalopy outta the left lane and let the big rooster eat!"

Hey, I rented a 6 banger 'vert last week and the top part of the (inside of) doors were hard, molded plastic. I chalked that up to it being a basic car with (probably no)interior upgrade. I looked at an '06 GT with the interior upgrade today and it had the same thing. I also looked at an '03 Terminator that had a softer material. Do all of the 2005+ cars have the hard plastic on the interiors of the doors? Looks like the same stuff the console is made of. Not too jazzy for a 45K car, but then again I bought it because of performance and exterior faaaar more than the interior.

So...what's the real "poop" <rimshot here> ??

bj
Vnmous1 if you are talking about the door itself it is leather if you are talking about the interior of the car, perimeter around the glass and door it is molded plastic in the Shelby.

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Vnmous1 if you are talking about the door itself it is leather if you are talking about the interior of the car, perimeter around the glass and door it is molded plastic in the Shelby.
Yup...that's what I wanted to know. OK...now, go to your "quiet place" and relax! Dontcha just love Mondays!? I'm not in the same boat as you, but I came in after being gone a week and I can't believe the crap that's piled on my desk! And, of course, everybody needs to see me asap!

As for my Shelby, I'm now officially crossing all fingers and toes in hope that they'll stripe and ship this week.

Thanks for getting back to me on the interior.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Sorry guys and gals nothing new except I burnt my arm today,not bad just enough to let me know just how my day is going.Everybody is crabby,they want it yesterday.I don't need to tell you guy's MOST of you probably work too.Well time to go home and have a nice stiff one and lay in the pool.I hope everybody at home is in a decent mood or I will have 2 stiff ones........Later

121 - 140 of 177 Posts