Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Oldimp any news on your delivery date?Are you anxious to see what it looks like?Show us some pictures when you get it.Would love to sit in your car and go for a ride.Shelbywise any news on yours?Let us know.Hey buddy I am still here just been busy,you know what I mean?I wish somebody wanted to know something that I have not answered 10 times,you know like we are NOT short on the shaker 1000's.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Well I have only ask my dealer one time about the vin and he blew me off which was okay, he is the General Manager of the dealership and I know he is busy with running the place, and because of the deal I am getting I never had pushed him for info but after reading about everyone getting info on there car and mine was ordered the same day it was allowed to be I decided to send him a email today and find out what is what. He replied back a few hours later that he would have soild info for me this week... not sure what that meant (solid info) but I did ask him for the VIN number so hopefully that is what he is getting me so 07 Shelby can tell me the status... it is not killing me not to have this car but what is a killer is not knowing when. So hopefully this will be a question 07 that you can give me good news on. I will post up what he tells me and beleive me I check my email about every 30 minutes during the day to see a reply.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Let me know if I can help I will.I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I Feel The Pain Of Not Knowing After Placing My Deposit On My Order. I Finished A 5 Year Project 69 390 Candy Apple Mach 1 4sp In One Week, To Secure The Spare Play Funds. The Car Sold With One Phone Call. Now It's Hurry Up And Wait. The Real Pisser Is I Could Have Enjoyed That Mach 1 Throughout The Summer. Now This Money Is Burning A Hole In My Pocket And I Have To Keep It Out Of My Wife's Hands.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I know what you mean, when I first heard about the new body style mustang coming out in 05 I was also told that ford would release a SVT version not knowing it was going to be the shelby just a SVT version so I put my truck which I loved and was paid off in the local paper, ebay, Truck Trader and for 4 months tried to sell it until finally sold it in Dec of 04 than gave the dealer a deposit of a few grand in Jan 05 still thinking it was a cobra. Than as time went on it was known that no SVT for the new body style mustang... than a few more months and it was released it would be a shelby so I fell into this deal you might say but I sure missed my truck even though I only drove it a few times a month when I did it got allot of attention and for a heavy extend cab truck running high 13 in the quarter it was allot fun and spanked a few cars when the light turned green :) Oh well it will be worth it when the new toy comes.
Old toy I sold for the Shelby http://www.flairphoto.com/dakota.htm

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Shelbywise any news on yours?Let us know.Hey buddy I am still here just been busy,you know what I mean?I wish somebody wanted to know something that I have not answered 10 times,you know like we are NOT short on the shaker 1000's.
NO NEWS...I find it hard to believe thats good news:( My dealer emails me regularly though...she is a good friend of mine since I was 13. Hey, what are the chances of some Ford Muckety-Muck just coming out and telling everyone the numbers are just THE NUMBERS...and if you don't like em' go buy something else! I mean hell, who give a rat's a** if something else is a second faster? How many folks buying a GT500 are going to use it to it's full potential anyhow? I keep hearing...Well, who wants to buy a car thats already labeled as a 500 HP slug?...So don't buy the damn thing...Go and get yourselves one of them thar BMW M types...just don't park it near UCLA or you'll come out of a building and you will be surrounded by a 100 of the very same cars!! Just my .02 vent...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
07 SHELBY said:
Oldimp any news on your delivery date?Are you anxious to see what it looks like?Show us some pictures when you get it.Would love to sit in your car and go for a ride.Shelbywise any news on yours?Let us know.Hey buddy I am still here just been busy,you know what I mean?I wish somebody wanted to know something that I have not answered 10 times,you know like we are NOT short on the shaker 1000's.
07 SHELBY,

Actually, your post about the meeting this week is the only and best news I have about the delivery. If the car can get out of Flat Rock before the summer plant shutdown, I could have it early July or possibly even late this month! If I can find out exactly when it leaves the plant, my sales manager says the dealership can make some calls to get it pushed a little faster!

Surprisingly, I am not all that anxious to see what it looks like anymore! And I am sure someone else has enjoyed sitting in it and driving it around already! I am just glad it is far enough along that someone can drive it! My time will come soon enough!

·
Registered
18 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
07 Shelby, As always thanks for the wealth of information you have provided. This board's been too quiet last couple days..... what are you seeing production-wise as far as ratio of coupes to convertibles being built?

Has the new Alloy metallic been available from the get-go on these GT500?
I did see the bootleg video of the Alloy GT500 vert, but I would love to see a close-up pic of Alloy met under lights if there are any available.

The only reason I mention this is that I have had prior experience with other manufacturers who have delayed their scheduled rollout of a new model year paint choice.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
RDavis said:
07 Shelby, As always thanks for the wealth of information you have provided. This board's been too quiet last couple days..... what are you seeing production-wise as far as ratio of coupes to convertibles being built?

Has the new Alloy metallic been available from the get-go on these GT500?
I did see the bootleg video of the Alloy GT500 vert, but I would love to see a close-up pic of Alloy met under lights if there are any available.

The only reason I mention this is that I have had prior experience with other manufacturers who have delayed their scheduled rollout of a new model year paint choice.
You are welcome.I have been helping a buddy on an important project.He should be happy now.Coupes to verts about 65% to 35%.The alloy paint has been since day 1.I can't take pictures at work but maybe 1 day I can get some pictures.

The most important piece of info I have is tomorrow is the yes or no day to ship.Ford wants these cars out on the streets and we have no big issues so it will be soon.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Oh and another thing we still have plenty of SHAKER 1000'S.I just love to say this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Oh and another thing we still have plenty of SHAKER 1000'S.I just love to say this.
Hahaahaha..sorry I meant to, but forgot to ask.

Okay, technical question-- assuming there is a rev limiter, is it a 'soft' rev limiter at 6000 (or 6200?)_ RPM triggering a partial fuel supply shut-off or any idea how rev limiter acts?

One more inane production/options question from me and I'll leave u alone for awhile 07 Shelby.....

If you've noticed one way or the other---- What proportion of Crimson Red/Charcoal interiors are you seeing versus straight Charcoal? realizing they won't allow Crimson/Charcoal with Vista Blue, G.Orange.

I've got a GT500 order pending with the Red/Charcoal (tungsten grey exterior) but I need to see the bugger in person before I know if I made right decision..... I can change options for the next couple of weeks. thanks again.:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Since you guys have all the parts, do you think I might be able to get the parts from Ford and put my own Shelby together like the old AC's, while you all are on summer vacation? My parts guy has very few parts showing up on his Ford parts software. I always enjoy a challange. I'm sure you have seen on TV how they put a custom car together in a half hour show (one week episode). So, in other words what I am trying to say is if Henry Ford was alive right now and people were paying an average 10 grand over MSRP you better believe he could crank out more in the 21st century than he did the 20th century Model T. Just a response.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Invest in Goodyear Eagle tire stock. Then, when the stock goes up from so many GT500 users burning up their tires, cash in, save $50k for the GT500, and spend the rest on modifications.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
07...hope you haven't already answered this one...I didn't see it anywhere. Do you know if the steering wheel is telescoping in addition to tilt?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
HorseTraderDave said:
07...hope you haven't already answered this one...I didn't see it anywhere. Do you know if the steering wheel is telescoping in addition to tilt?
No it is not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
You are welcome.I have been helping a buddy on an important project.He should be happy now.Coupes to verts about 65% to 35%.The alloy paint has been since day 1.I can't take pictures at work but maybe 1 day I can get some pictures.

The most important piece of info I have is tomorrow is the yes or no day to ship.Ford wants these cars out on the streets and we have no big issues so it will be soon.
So was it yes or no?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I was very busy today and didn't get around much.When I was leaving work I ran into a good friend and he told me that he thought they were going to start shipping maybe tomorrow.I don't know this for a fact but I do know they want them on the street now and since we don't have any big issues with the Shelbys I am sure he is right.We have 100's of them now ready to ship and we still have some SHAKER 1000's left.Hey what ever happened to that rumor .Anyways I will find out in the morning and let you know around lunch.I can tell you this though I'd bet dollars to donuts they will be shipping them as fast as they can get them on the truck or rail.Hey Oldimp I will find out tomorrow but I think they might be shipping Shelby's through our shutdown.We as Ford workers don't ship cars it is done through Autoport.I think they will be working.I know they used to only work 5 days a week and now they are working 7 days a week and if they want the cars out they will have to work

41 - 60 of 177 Posts