Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a call from my friendly neighborhood sales manager this afternoon. He told me that my order shows an estimated delivery date of 23 June 06!

Good things are happening! Hope everyone gets similar good news soon!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Oldimp,
Good for you.Will you take me for a ride when you get it.You will have to come up here though I work just about everyday.We could wear matching t-shirts.Are you going to do any mods or just be cool?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, 07 SHELBY!

I would love to get up there so we could ride around in it! I'd have to guess 11 hours to get to Detroit area.

I want to keep it under warranty, so won't go overboard with mods. I have the C&L cold air, Bassani x-pipes and Magnaflow axle-backs on my '05 GT along with the Hurst shifter, which I dearly love! That would amount to about the 1st stage Ford Racing Package I guess. But, the Whipple is a very attractive option, except that I know it will be expensive to buy, let alone have Ford install it in order to maintain the warranty.

Actually, I asked my sales manager guy if there would be a warranty extension offered and he didn't know yet. He told me that it was not available on the Ford GTs they had sold.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Ok, when you go for a ride will you call me and tell me all about it.How about street slicks?Got to get the HP to the pavement.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No, no slicks! But, I'll definitely get in touch with you after I get it! It would be so cool to get it this month!

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Great News for you, can't wait to get my Vin so I can pass it along to 07 Shelby. I have been told ETA some time in July, after waiting since Jan 05 I guess 2 more months is a cake walk. CL makes a great cold air intake and with the optional programmer for about $ 700.00 it is well worth the money. I have been in touch with them and Steeda about Air intakes and both will have one very very soon. Air intake // remap // 160 Thermostat // exhaust and 3.73 gears is a must for this car. Superchargers respond very well with air intakes more so than standard motors. If you intake and exhaust the shelby you really need to remap computer to get the full effect. More air in will lean out the engine so the mapping will richen it up, (more gas more go) change the timing (advance it a few degree's) which means always 92 and up Octane. Change the pulley on the supercharger for more power. I have been on websites for the GT40 and tuners have gotten that over 600 HP and we have basically the same motor (different charger)

Remember Engines are just a big air pump the more air you get in and out the bigger the smile on your face... if you like that sort of thing :) Had a father that raced GTO in the early 70's so I have no choice I was born with the need for more speed :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
oldimp said:
Hey, 07 SHELBY!

I would love to get up there so we could ride around in it! I'd have to guess 11 hours to get to Detroit area.

I want to keep it under warranty, so won't go overboard with mods. I have the C&L cold air, Bassani x-pipes and Magnaflow axle-backs on my '05 GT along with the Hurst shifter, which I dearly love! That would amount to about the 1st stage Ford Racing Package I guess. But, the Whipple is a very attractive option, except that I know it will be expensive to buy, let alone have Ford install it in order to maintain the warranty.

Actually, I asked my sales manager guy if there would be a warranty extension offered and he didn't know yet. He told me that it was not available on the Ford GTs they had sold.
Don't want to change the focus of this thread but I've heard a lot about the bassani x-pipe/magnaflow combination on the 03-04 snakes as well. My question.......why not the Magnaflow Tru-X pipe? The bassani and most other manufacturers x-pipes look more similiar to an H crossover than an X, to me. I have the Magnaflow Tru-X and there is no mistaking it for an H. Those gases cross at hard angles. Any input?:confused:

·
Registered
257 Posts
oldimp, Thats great news!:eek: ...you should be one of the first owners on most of these sites to be giving us your driving impressions...To hell with the magazine tests...in two more weeks, you get to do your own!!:D

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
98Snake,
I don't remember why I decided to go with the Bassani to be truthful! I remember looking at the Tru-X, and I already had the Magnaflow axle-backs. Maybe it was the price or the Bassanis looked easier to install, just don't remember. But, the x-pipe seemed to make a difference and the GT500 already has x-pipe.

Shelbywise,
I was thinking the same thing, about possibly having mine before a lot of folks on the forums. But, I know there has to be a bunch of guys getting theirs before me because my build date is the second week! They just must not be using the forums! You can bet I will be reporting my experiences!

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
The X pipe helps with something called Exhaust Scavenging which in laymens terms get the exhaust out faster, The H pipe is more of a balance pipe I always found, If you ever on a cold day saw a car in front of you with true dual one exhaust pipe is always putting out a little more smoke, (camero, mustang, trans-am) well the H pipe will balance that and does help with exhaust output but the X pipe will produce more because of exhaust scavenging, Nascar did allot of research into this and the X pipe became the ticket. Since the Shelby has an X pipe not sure if putting after market brand on will make a difference unless you change the pipe diameter. Doing a 3 inch from the Cat's back with a next 3 inch X pipe would flow better.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Received another call from my sales manager today! I could tell by his voice that it wasn't particularly good news! My delivery date has been set back to 29 June. Just as well say it added one more week. The good part of the news was that my build date is still 12 June and the status is now "Bucked". According to one of the main sources over on the StangsUnleashed forum, that means it is on the assembly line!

I had been following the posts of this guy (dealership guy) because his first GT500 status and dates have changed three to five days before mine changed with my status/dates being just slightly behind him on the schedule. His was moved back five days and status shifted to "Bucked" this Monday so, I figured I would get a similar change within a week.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Has anyone noticed that oldimp has not order the shaker 1000. My order date was March 24th but where am I in the food chain is the big question? By the way oldImp I graduated in 1969. I guess you and I are in the same boat so to speak.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shlbysvt,

Yes, I graduated in 1968!

I decided against the 1000 mostly because of the price, but I also have a Shaker 500 in my '05 Mustang GT and it has plenty of output. Plus, I like having the extra space in the trunk. My salesman told me that Waylon Jennings doesn't sound all that good on the Shaker 1000 anyway!

I sure hope that you soon get some encouraging news on your GT500! The closer I get to the dates I am being told, the harder it is for me to get my mind off of this car!

Best of luck to you

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Old Imp

I was not refering to your choice of sound systems but the question as to material holds and the Shaker 1000 as a potential problem.

Believe me when I say I am glad to hear of your potential build date!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Good for you Oldimp.We should make up some Shelby squares.You know like football squares.Everybody can pick a date.That date can only be used once.Once it's picked nobody else can pick that date.Whoever picks delivery to the dealership date wins.If nobody picks the right date the closest to that date wins without going past that date.I tell you what,I will even throw in a Shelby shirt to the winner.What do you think?Oldimp will have to pick 1st.Then 1st come 1st date.You guys want to play?Let me know?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This sounds like fun to me! I'll pick 29 June for my square! I have to have a little faith that Ford will get it here on time! And if we are talking about the first reported date by anyone on the forum, I still like my square!

Thanks once again to my old pal Fred!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
We are talking about oldimp's car.June 29th is taken.I will not pick a date unless there is some left in the end.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I will go with July 6th, Have ordered 4 new vehicles from different dealers and it seems they were all off by a week or so. Hopefully I am wrong.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i'm going to take a shot in the dark... august 10th

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Ok June 29th,July 6th and August 10th are taken.Busababy,that is our shutdown bad time to pick.You have a date though.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts