Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a 1,000 mile road trip, and feel I now know this car thoroughly. Anyone out there experiencing engine vibration at certain rpm ranges? Car is an '08 GT500, with 2,900 miles, and has been babied to date. At exactly 3,100 rpm in any gear and/or while standing still, there is a definite vibration that can be felt through the gearshift and steering wheel and you can actually hear it groan even at 70! It could put your hand to sleep if held there long enough (just like a Harley) and has been there since new. I also have a much more slight vibration at exactly 1,750 rpm, but since I don't spend a lot of time at the lower and less-vibrating range, I'm not too concerned with the 1,750 vibration, but the 3,100 vibration may signify something significant. Harmonic balancer issues, perhaps? Naturally, I need to know much more before I consider a dealer teardown/fix/anxiety! ANY help/thoughts greatly appreciated!!

Steve
08 Red w/ White

·
Registered
170 Posts
You may have a bad transmission mount or engine mount You need to takt it in to the dealer any vibration is not right.
Art

·
Registered
658 Posts
I experienced the same thing after my TSB was done. Mine turned out to be an exhaust hangar grounding out on the cross member. The Ford tech didn't get it centered properly.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - this is what's great about the forum! A mount or hanger certainly could be (and probably is) the problem. I'll look into it!
frisco

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could the vibration be due to a warped flywheel?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Could the vibration be due to a warped flywheel?
Not. You could get chatter from a warped fly wheel, but I don't see it being warped and causing it to loose its balance unless the rotating mass has changed shape, but then I don't think you would be driving very far.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts