Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford GT500
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 GT500 been reading about engine tuning. What do you do to these cars and how to make them 900+ HP. Not that it needs just curious

·
Registered
176 Posts
Porter blower, intake, throttle body, injectors, e85, and probably a little smaller pulley.
You'll want to upgrade intercooler brick too.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts
I have a 2021 GT500 been reading about engine tuning. What do you do to these cars and how to make them 900+ HP. Not that it needs just curious
If I wanted to add power like that, I’d contact a reputable tuner like PBD, Lund or VMP and ask them what I needed.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2020 Ford Shelby GT500
12 Posts
Here is the list of stuff I did. Very happy with the build and the list generally follows a pretty repeatable itemization of what many others have found success with. It is far from cheap (around $21K with labor and everything). Results are great--about 1 full second off my quarter time and stupid fast.

Hopefully the list if helpful. It doesn't mean you have to do everything below, but for my needs, I wanted to get the best possible parts and configurations, while not sparing any expense. I love the results in terms of looks, sound, and of course power.

Power:
980whp / 750 torque

Parts List
ID 1300-XDS Injectors
Whipple Tensioner
Whipple Intercooler
Griptec 2.65 Pulley
Fore Predator Fuel Rails
Palm Beach Dyno 2 Fuel Tune (91 and E85)
Cortex Rear Vertical Links
108mm Kong Throttle Body
Jokerz Supercharger Porting
Jokerz Supercharger Powder Coating
Kooks 2" x 3" Headers & GREEN Catted Connection Kit
Kelltrac Posi--Loc system
Brisk Silver Racing Spark Plugs
Borla ATAK with Carbon Fiber tips
GFORCE Outlaw Axle Shafts Pair
Signature Wheel Forged Monoblock SV101 Gloss Black Friction Lock 18X11
Mickey Thompson ET Street R Radial Tire P305/45R18
Toyo Proxes R888R Rear 315/30R20

Other related information
Stock 1/4 Run (in car and external video):

Modded 1/4 Run (just in car video):

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Land vehicle Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Please note I'm in Denver and DA is 8000, so times are roughly 1 second slower than sea level. We can barely breath up here.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Shelby GT500
12 Posts
Awesome mods. Any suggestions where to purchase the parts.
I got some through my builder (Peterson Performance in Colorado Springs, CO), some from Palm Beach Dyno, and some from Beefcake Racing. Any of the reputable places will be great. PBD is very good at helping you out and answering questions. I've also ordered from several other online places-all have been good experiences.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts