Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed some what I think is odd behavior when I shift. I come completely off the throttle but when I push the clutch the RPM jumps. I've been driving manual transmissions for 35 years and the only other time I have ever had this happen was on an old Capri with a badly adjusted decel valve. Thinking about it this is the first fuel injected computerized manual I have driven so I was wondering if this was something normal that Ford had programmed in. Personnally if I heard someone do this while he was driving by I would think he was a dork who didn't know how to shift.

Mike

·
Registered
373 Posts
i've seen this happen too...
only when i'm at high rpm's though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Mine doesn't just do it at high rpm. When I cruising around town I shift at about 2000 rpm and when I do the rpm will just to about 2300 to 2500 rpm.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
373 Posts
hmm...
i'll try and shift at low rpms tomorrow... (it's so hard to do sometimes... haha..)

i'll let ya know what i see

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
The GT500 calibration has a TON of dashpot in it, that is basically air added in after you let off the throttle, and during low throttle situations. This is done to make the car feel smoother and less jerky on tip in/tip out.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I notice there is also a lot of increased RPM during shifts. But the odd thing, this only happens when I let my wife drive!:D

Seriously, I've not noticed it in mine, other than the above, but agree, does make one wonder if there is a Dork behind the wheel.

Rick

·
Registered
26 Posts
I noticed the same exact thing from day one. Thought for a while that I was tweakin my foot on the throttle during shifts, but started doing the same thing you did. I take my foot off the gas and push in the clutch and RPS jump right around 200. I don't even have to shift for it to happen. The guys at the shop said it's normal and not to worry about it so I just shrugged it off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys. Sounds like this is not unique to my car so I probably have to live with it. I still feel like anyone who hear me shift will think i don't know what I'm doing :(

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Sounds like this is not unique to my car so I probably have to live with it. I still feel like anyone who hear me shift will think i don't know what I'm doing :(

Mike

This is normal.Part of the software setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts