Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have noticed where several guys have installed the FRPP lowering kit and really like it but I was wondering if anyone has tried the Eibach kit or any other kit and if so what was the results, good, bad, etc.
________
BMW R1200C

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have noticed where several guys have installed the FRPP lowering kit and really like it but I was wondering if anyone has tried the Eibach kit or any other kit and if so what was the results, good, bad, etc.
Hi Rocket. I chose another route and went with the Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs and I love it. The car seems to be even tighter in the corners and rides extremely well. I mainly like the new profile as it sits lower to the ground. The only pain in the but is when you have to raise the car on the lift. I usually have to roll the car on top of about a 1 inch piece to raise the height in order to get the lift supports to clear under the car.

Here's a PICs You can't go wrong with the Eibachs. Yet, I didn't research the FRPP setup.

Good Luck

flipmo

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Both cars look great and that is the look I am after. Did either of you change out the anti roll bars. I did also read the Ground Control setup and it too sounds like a very nice setup. What was the costs of each of those as I am about ready to pull the trigger. Also where did each of you buy from. Thanks for the responses and any info you can give.
________
herbalaire reviews

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yes, I changed out all suspension parts, lower control arms, upper control arms, panhard rod which are all adjustable. Price of ground control kit is on their website. All other parts were ordered from Evolution Performance. Talk to a guy named Fred, he can set you up with suspension parts as a kit as well as other performance parts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had Eibach lowering springs installed at Shelby of Tampa Bay. I discussed what I wanted to do with the car; only for looks and not drag or road racing and that is what they suggested. The front end was still in spec and didn't need slotted or the adjustment kit for alignment. It looks great and the ride is a little harsher. WARNING: Watch the nose spoiler.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Eibach has been notorious for producing sub par products over the years. This doesn't mean that this particular product will be. But they have a bad rep in the mustang community. (ie: spring sagging).

Personally I would pay more for H&R springs which has consistantly been a top of the line product.

Just my 2 cents...I could be wrong :habbobuggs:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Agree, Eibach sucked on my 05 Roush, they sagged after only two years or 10K miles and gave me the worse ride ever. I was about to upgrade to Roush suspension but bought my new GT-500, love this suspension.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The legendary eibach improve performance, handling and appearance of your car. it also personalize your vehicle. Try to check some of eibach springs. Its nice and very affordable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
flipmo did you have to replace/add panhard bar with the eibach springs i thought of using eibach pros but was told you need a panhard bar. By the way that is one beuatiful shelby gt500 which is jsut like my 09 color combo, thanks man for input and pic!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I installed the Eibach springs only. Although I like the ride, I think I want to change the rear springs so the rear is a little higher - so the car looks as though it is leaning forward slightly. Right now it is low, and level with the ground.

·
Registered
933 Posts
flipmo did you have to replace/add panhard bar with the eibach springs i thought of using eibach pros but was told you need a panhard bar. By the way that is one beuatiful shelby gt500 which is jsut like my 09 color combo, thanks man for input and pic!
I don't believe that flipmo has been on here for a couple of years. I'm also pretty sure that he has sold his GT500.

Try reaching him with a PM. If his email address is still valid, you'll have better luck reaching him that way.

Arbour88

·
Registered
46 Posts
so that's cool but do you really need a panhard bar when you drop I've been told you do I'm confused but it's good to go right to the source since you have said you just have springs. No panhard needed does it depend on amount of drop?? thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Back when the S197 first came out, there were a lot of articles about lowering the Humvee, I mean Mustang GT. I remember being an article that the Ford Racing springs were made by Eibach.

I was going to get the Eibach Pro Kit for my '06 GT because I had great luck on Integra GSR and 350Z. Ford dealership would not install it but would install the Ford kit and they too confirmed they were one and the same.

I'm not 100% sure as this was 4 years ago. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's been a year since I had the Eibach springs installed and they show no signs of sagging. Handling isn't an issue with me since the car is basically driven in a straight line on SW Florida roads. From a looks standpoint, Ford needed to have these springs from the start. They eliminate the milk truck look of the standard suspension.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok but noone is really answering the question do you need a pnhard bar when you drop your gt500 whether it be eiback or other?? I remeber vaguely another post someone mentioned yes you do. But you guys here that have installed ebaich springs did you purchase and install a new panhardbar?? i wonder, thanks guys

·
Registered
105 Posts
Eibach has been notorious for producing sub par products over the years. This doesn't mean that this particular product will be. But they have a bad rep in the mustang community. (ie: spring sagging).

Personally I would pay more for H&R springs which has consistantly been a top of the line product.

Just my 2 cents...I could be wrong :habbobuggs:
I've always heard the H&R are top shelf products

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't have a lot of experience with these cars, but from my many past years working on imports, H & R Springs is a great great product. I actually ran these on my Civic for a few years before I removed them for a full coilover replacement. Over 3 years and never had a problem. Ground Control also makes a great product. The advantage with GC is that if you contact them directly, you can actually get custom spring rates made depending on what you are looking for. Their coilover set with Koni or Bilstein(Bilstein is my personal preference) shocks can be an amazing suspension setup with a good alignment and corner balance.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Ok but noone is really answering the question do you need a pnhard bar when you drop your gt500 whether it be eiback or other?? I remeber vaguely another post someone mentioned yes you do. But you guys here that have installed ebaich springs did you purchase and install a new panhardbar?? i wonder, thanks guys
Whenever you lower the car from stock, the axle will shift relative to the body. If you want to center up the axle, you'll need an adjustable panhard bar. They are inexpensive and easy to install. When my FRPP springs went on, so did a BMR panhard bar.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts