Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im a new owner of a GT 500 here in Edmonton. I get it this friday and im super stoked. Never even owned a domestic before. My last car was an 05 S2000 which was also an awesome car! Id love to meet up with other shelby owners to get some advice on modding my car in edmonton. Glad to be part of the pack guys.

07 Ebony w/silver stripes

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome Dreamer GT5.

Send 'Vette Killer' a PM as he had all his mods done in Edmonton I believe. He is located in Fort MacMurray.

I had all my mods done here in Calgary.

Arbour88

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the info Arbour. How is that Bassini exhaust anyways is it loud and mean? I wanna get something that will make it badass but by no means the ricer sound. Also what do you recommend to get all the power to the rear wheels. And last nut not least i wanna get the cue ball shifter and shifter arm. Thinkin about just getting that through the dealer what do you think? You wouldnt know the cost for something like that would ya? Thanks Arbour, your the man!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd search for exhaust recommendations -- I've heard a lot of good things about Bassini, Borla and several others. I have Borla, cat back, and they are pretty loud -- plus I get a little buzz at 2000 rpm. Borla got me around 40 HP according to the dyno graph I have.
Take your time with Mods -- lots of options and suppliers. People like the folks on this forum can really help.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ths Bassanis are awesome. My set is full 3 inch stainless catted with 'X' pipe and 'quiet thunder' mufflers. They are not quiet, the sound is more than my wife likes, but just right for me. It's very diificult to start the car at 6:15am and not wake 1 or more neighbours, if they have their bedroom windows opened.

It's pretty hard to get the power to the wheels with the stock tires and I'll be upgrading my rubber fairly soon. For starters, upgrade both your upper and lower control arms. The factory setup is very much prone to bad rear wheel hop. I went with Steeda and I'm very pleased with that setup. I have not experienced any wheel hop whatsoever in my car and I make 4 or 5 passes at the track almost every Friday night (weather permitting).

I have not upgraded my shifter handle or shifter 'yet'. I did purchase my shifter ball from Grabberpony.com along with a boot adapter. Great workmanship and they will custom design practically anything you want. The cue ball feel in the hand is much better than the stock handle. If you go through your dealer, then get the Ford Racing Performance Part (FRPP) short throw shifter and compliment it with the KR style shift knob. You will pay more, but will have a warranty on both the workmanship and parts.

Good luck with whatever you choose. These cars scream to be modded and take to mods very well.

Arbour88

1 - 5 of 5 Posts