Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
I had my mechanic install the kit and hide it for me, you can't even tell its there. i Filled up with e85 when i only had like 2 gallons of 93. and the app was reading 59% ethanol, i think its because of the gas station.It runs even better now, and the car runs cooler by 10-20F less. For the power i felt a slight increase. I did race a zl1 before i did the e85 kit, the zl1 had e85 tune , intake, done by LMR, we raced from 40 roll and he got me by half a car, then 70 roll i won by a fender Im gonna race him in few days and see if theres a big difference. I will definitely update you
You gotta take those guys from a dig or low in the gear range, at 40 I would have been in 2nd and mashed it. The GT500 should wipe the floor with a ZL1, the guys around me are smart they don't even ask anymore 😂 😂

·
Registered
2022 gt 500 with recaros
96 Posts
So if I have a existing 93 tune from livernois, will it just enhance what I already have? Thanks!
Should work but I would call and ask Livernios. If not I’m sure they could do a flex fuel tune for you if you had that kit. I actually just sent the link for this kit to Dan the owner of Livernios this week.

·
Registered
2021 gt500 cftp
114 Posts
I had my mechanic install the kit and hide it for me, you can't even tell its there. i Filled up with e85 when i only had like 2 gallons of 93. and the app was reading 59% ethanol, i think its because of the gas station.It runs even better now, and the car runs cooler by 10-20F less. For the power i felt a slight increase. I did race a zl1 before i did the e85 kit, the zl1 had e85 tune , intake, done by LMR, we raced from 40 roll and he got me by half a car, then 70 roll i won by a fender Im gonna race him in few days and see if theres a big difference. I will definitely update you
For the full power increase, this time of year you’d want to buy, say 5 gals bucket of Ignite e85 and mix few cups in with each pump e85 fill up for the full 70-85% ethanol.
I did this with my last turbo car, only I bought 55 gal drums. Plan to do the same with the Shelby.

I’d love to hear more fist hand experiences with this product. At this point I’m very interested.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
You gotta take those guys from a dig or low in the gear range, at 40 I would have been in 2nd and mashed it. The GT500 should wipe the floor with a ZL1, the guys around me are smart they don't even ask anymore 😂 😂
Yeah, I was on the ZL1 Boards for a long time as I had a sweet ZL1 1LE on order and after things got really weird I canceled the order and switched over to the dark side….. 🤣 .

What I do remember is they were pretty maxed out for power , heat soak issues with mods and you had to do a whipple, FBO build to get not that much hp compared to the gt500.

Figure its a safe bet a CAI and no mother mods on a GT500 is 800-810hp at the MOTOR.

Stock ZL1 650hp

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
Yeah, I was on the ZL1 Boards for a long time as I had a sweet ZL1 1LE on order and after things got really weird I canceled the order and switched over to the dark side….. 🤣 .

What I do remember is they were pretty maxed out for power , heat soak issues with mods and you had to do a whipple, FBO build to get not that much hp compared to the gt500.

Figure its a safe bet a CAI and no mother mods on a GT500 is 800-810hp at the MOTOR.

Stock ZL1 650hp
My neighbor has one with a fully built motor. He claims it’s got 1,000 WHP I smoked his ass by a lot. He doesn’t talk to me much anymore barely a wave. All I said was for what you paid you could have had 2 GT500’s and still got beat by my stock granny model 😂😂

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
My neighbor has one with a fully built motor. He claims it’s got 1,000 WHP I smoked his ass by a lot. He doesn’t talk to me much anymore barely a wave. All I said was for what you paid you could have had 2 GT500’s and still got beat by my stock granny model 😂😂
Without going to look at the forum I remember it was hard to get to 1kwhp on that motor. Had to do way more work including headers, internals, whipple etc.

I do remember a CAI didnt really add any HP. Which is in theory good imo that the manuf had it pimped out from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
Without going to look at the forum I remember it was hard to get to 1kwhp on that motor. Had to do way more work including headers, internals, whipple etc.

I do remember a CAI didnt really add any HP. Which is in theory good imo that the manuf had it pimped out from the factory.
Ya I didn’t say I believed him 😂😂 I do know it’s a fully built motor done at Lopers Performance shop. Is it 1kwhp who knows I’ve never seen a Dyno sheet. I know he got smoked by 760hp😂

• Haha
Reactions: GTabusa

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Ya I didn’t say I believed him 😂😂 I do know it’s a fully built motor done at Lopers Performance shop. Is it 1kwhp who knows I’ve never seen a Dyno sheet. I know he got smoked by 760hp😂
Do you know if he had the manual, old auto or the new 10speed? From what I hear that 10speed is the fastest shifting NON DCT that’s ever been done…..

@AZ21GT500 Was thinking , next time if you guys were ever at some neighborhood gathering you could randomly work it in “yeah , John just like that time we went to gaplebees , remember that ? Good times” 🤣

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
Do you know if he had the manual, old auto or the new 10speed? From what I hear that 10speed is the fastest shifting NON DCT that’s ever been done…..
It’s an Automatic because he is a poser and probably can’t drive a manual 😂😂

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
938 Posts
I raced the ZL1 again from a 40 roll and this time won by a car near top end theres no way it adds 90-105 whp maybe 20 to 30 at most. I am going to dyno it with a week or 2.
what was your ethanol percentage?

·
Registered
2022 gt 500 with recaros
96 Posts
I raced the ZL1 again from a 40 roll and this time won by a car near top end theres no way it adds 90-105 whp maybe 20 to 30 at most. I am going to dyno it with a week or 2.
I bet you are correct. It has no way of advancing timing or boost. Timing a bit based on the tables it has set but I would be very shocked if it had enough to add 100 hp like a tune could.
It’s still an amazing setup for what it is and the ease of use.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts