Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,809 Posts
I have a 2022 GT500 and I want to run E85 and was wondering if anyone has tried this product and if its safe to use and also do I need to change any parts to run E85?

ProFlex Commander for 2020-22 Ford Shelby GT500
Welcome to the forum! I recommend reaching out to one of the main tuners for these cars for an e85 tune and guidance on what parts will be needed. Tuners: PBD, Lund & VMP.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 Twister Orange with black stripes
308 Posts
I have a 2022 GT500 and I want to run E85 and was wondering if anyone has tried this product and if its safe to use and also do I need to change any parts to run E85?

if you want to run E85, you will want to run ID 1300X, upgrade fuel rails and put a fore triple pump fuel system in. You will also want to port the stock supercharge which Jokerz can do or upgrade to a whipple. You will then want LUND or Palm Beach Dyno to do the tuning. you will need to buy a HP tuner RTD device and purchase 4 - 8 credits depending on whos tune you go with. Depending how much HP you want to make will determine if you want to run headers and race pipe or go with green cats.

·
Registered
2022 gt 500 with recaros
99 Posts
You will need a tune, and injectors.
You do not need new rails or bap.
The injectors will handle the added flow. Then just a tune. As stated find a tuner
Livernios
PBD
Lund
See what they say you can get away with. It’s a very simple switch. All the factory part are ok to use with e85. Injectors just give you the flow needed.

·
Registered
2022 GT500
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I want to do something more plug and play I don't mind getting a tune but I don't want to void the warranty just yet I have seen this product a flex fuel kit just plug and play they told me I don't have to change the injectors I don't know how true that is and it does not need a tune. What do you guys think about the flex fuel kit?

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
I believe Ford would still void a warranty using that system. You might want to check with the dealer first.

·
Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
1,224 Posts
If you guys read the link he posted it states that no tune is required. I would love to try this out. I will did deeper into it and see. I hate having to run my car out of fuel to change my tune. I like it, good find

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 Twister Orange with black stripes
308 Posts
Motec is the only reliable way to run a flex tune , but you loose the factory ecm. Not sure how this system works . Interested to hear

Reactions: stangwithnos06

·
Registered
2022 GT500
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what the company told me "It will not affect your warranty in any way. The system is invisible to scan tools, does not put any data on the ECU and can be removed in about a half hour with no physical or digital trace left behind. You do not need to upgrade your injectors. We have dyno tested and certified your car to make sure it is safe to run full E85 with the stock fuel system. Based on our dyno work and that of several of our GT500 customers you will pick up about 95-105 additional wheel HP. The GT500 is actually the best performing production vehicle we have tested on E85 in terms of gains."

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
I’d get them to put it it writing that if Ford did void the warranty they would replace it. You’ll still be plugging in a piece to the OBD II port. How wouldn’t that leave a trace on the ECU? My dealer said they could see my scan tool on my 350 😂 Hell if it’s true and not detectable by Ford it’s underpriced 😂

Reactions: Sanad

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
939 Posts
where do i start? i havent said much on here about the commander but i have loved this kit for a while now. i started this thread over at M6G 3.5yrs ago and had a lot of interaction on it. i ran it on my GT350R for over 2 yrs and it was flawless.

so yes i am now running it on my 500 and it's just as i expected...convenient and a good power boost. i installed it about 3 weeks ago and install doesnt take 30 mins like AFD (you probably spoke to Gray) lol. it takes more like 2-3 hours because you got to remove the strut tower brace and connecting the injector harness to the leads requires cinderella size fingers :LOL: but it's true it leaves no trace or footprint to the ECU and doesnt touch the OBD. it uses a GM flex fuel sensor and makes adjustments in real-time to the pulse width of the injectors. if you needed to take it in for warranty, you would need to remove the kit and get your ethanol level down to regular 91 or 93 levels or about E10-E12. so you would probably have to syphon the fuel tank or something. but this kit doesnt mess with the ECU so there is no trace in that sense which is why i love it.

you can fill up whatever variation of gas you want and the commander makes adjustments automatically. E10, E30, E50, E80, whatever, it adjusts. it is so nice. fill up and go.

tuners like lund, PBD, or whoever generally will not recommend this why? because if you buy this you most likely wont tune with them. of course they are going to say "dont run it". however, nothing stops you from running the commander as a piggyback on top of a tune. it's just that you dont have to have one.

the real time AFD app is nice. before i filled up my first e85 tank, i got it real low on 91 and i was at E10 (as expected). i then filled up 14.5 gal of e85 (CA is very close to true e85, other states can vary as low as E51) and i got to E74. i just filled up again of E85 tank and i am now at E78. and yes the power is there.

i have a buddy in IL who is running the commander+2.95 pulley (barely smaller than stock, maybe 1 psi more)+JLT+catless and he just ran a 10.2 @ 138mph (at around E70). the thing just works. almost 140mph trap speed with simple mods and commander.

AFD doesnt market well though, they dont get too active on social media and hence they dont seem to have a huge following. but there are guys running this all over the place.

there i spilled the beans :)

Sky Font Electric blue Circle Multimedia

·
Registered
2022 GT500
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
where do i start? i havent said much on here about the commander but i have loved this kit for a while now. i started this thread over at M6G 3.5yrs ago and had a lot of interaction on it. i ran it on my GT350R for over 2 yrs and it was flawless.

so yes i am now running it on my 500 and it's just as i expected...convenient and a good power boost. i installed it about 3 weeks ago and install doesnt take 30 mins like AFD (you probably spoke to Gray) lol. it takes more like 2-3 hours because you got to remove the strut tower brace and connecting the injector harness to the leads requires cinderella size fingers :LOL: but it's true it leaves no trace or footprint to the ECU and doesnt touch the OBD. it uses a GM flex fuel sensor and makes adjustments in real-time to the pulse width of the injectors. if you needed to take it in for warranty, you would need to remove the kit and get your ethanol level down to regular 91 or 93 levels or about E10-E12. so you would probably have to syphon the fuel tank or something. but this kit doesnt mess with the ECU so there is no trace in that sense which is why i love it.

you can fill up whatever variation of gas you want and the commander makes adjustments automatically. E10, E30, E50, E80, whatever, it adjusts. it is so nice. fill up and go.

tuners like lund, PBD, or whoever generally will not recommend this why? because if you buy this you most likely wont tune with them. of course they are going to say "dont run it". however, nothing stops you from running the commander as a piggyback on top of a tune. it's just that you dont have to have one.

the real time AFD app is nice. before i filled up my first e85 tank, i got it real low on 91 and i was at E10 (as expected). i then filled up 14.5 gal of e85 (CA is very close to true e85, other states can vary as low as E51) and i got to E74. i just filled up again of E85 tank and i am now at E78. and yes the power is there.

i have a buddy in IL who is running the commander+2.95 pulley (barely smaller than stock, maybe 1 psi more)+JLT+catless and he just ran a 10.2 @ 138mph (at around E70). the thing just works. almost 140mph trap speed with simple mods and commander.

Thank you for the information looks like I'm going to buy it today and see how it goes.

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
939 Posts
Thank you for the information looks like I'm going to buy it today and see how it goes.
if you need help during install keep my text handy...i'll help you out.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,809 Posts
Good luck with the mod. Let us know how it goes.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum. Be sure to click SAVE at the bottom!

Thanks for spill’n and helping him out @lightrules 🍻

·
Registered
2020 Ford Performance Blue GT500 (base)
133 Posts

AFD doesnt market well though, they dont get too active on social media and hence they dont seem to have a huge following. but there are guys running this all over the place.

View attachment 253477
You got me very intrigued on this product now! 🤔 lol. It really does sound to good to be true.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts