Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the numbers are not very impressive, I was expecting alot more. However the car is running rich and could stand to use about 2 or 3 degrees of timing. Temp outside 87F with 27% humity

503rwhp & 488.9rwtq:mad:
12.2 MAX BOOST
no other mods to the car.
Exhaust and suspension next

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Well the numbers are not very impressive, I was expecting alot more. However the car is running rich and could stand to use about 2 or 3 degrees of timing. Temp outside 87F with 27% humity

12.2 MAX BOOST
That's less than I expected also.:(

What your next step? Adjust the tune? Are you going to call Evolution?

What suspension mods do you have in mind?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

12.2 MAX BOOST
Hmmm...that seems low for a Stage 2. I definitely would give Fred at Evolution a call. I'm getting 507rwhp and 487rwtq with just a stage 1, and that's at 6,000 feet altitude.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm...that seems low for a Stage 2. I definitely would give Fred at Evolution a call. I'm getting 507rwhp and 487rwtq with just a stage 1, and that's at 6,000 feet altitude.
I wouldn't think that your axle backs would be making as much power as my 2.6 pulley.

BTW I just ordered complete exhaust. (no headers)3" from the stock manifolds all the way back w/ no cats.:D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I wouldn't think that your axle backs would be making as much power as my 2.6 pulley.

BTW I just ordered complete exhaust. (no headers)3" from the stock manifolds all the way back w/ no cats.:D
I doubt I'm getting any hp increase from my axle-backs. If anything, maybe 1 or 2 hp.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt I'm getting any hp increase from my axle-backs. If anything, maybe 1 or 2 hp.
Yeah I know........I just don't have the right tune. I have seen 2 people with stage II that are making 560hp. I am waiting for a call back from Fred now.
JJ

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Yeah I know........I just don't have the right tune. I have seen 2 people with stage II that are making 560hp. I am waiting for a call back from Fred now.
JJ
I'm trying to get a date for the dyno right now. I'll let you know when and the results.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Check the new Modified Mustang mag. Seems until you do something about the headers better exhaust won't do you much good. They show the outlet of the stock header is only 2 inches so larger pipes won't help much. They have a pic of the stock cast header with a tape measure on the outlet showing 2 inches.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Check the new Modified Mustang mag. Seems until you do something about the headers better exhaust won't do you much good. They show the outlet of the stock header is only 2 inches so larger pipes won't help much. They have a pic of the stock cast header with a tape measure on the outlet showing 2 inches.
AC I agree, but if you go the route of headers be prepared for alot of swearing and red nuckles. Just ask 07 he will second that I am sure. I have the Bassani equal length long tube headers and high fllow cats with three inch from the collectors to the mufflers, but until I get my trans situation resolved I will have to wait to hear and feel the results.:mad: Loosing my patience with Ford & SVT as there seems to be alot of finger pointing between them and Tremec. The latest is the dual disc clutch is not fully disengaging on quick high rpm shifts causing undo stress on the synchros resulting in failure as they are overworked. Tremec also claims this is the reason for the bump most folks are getting on a normal shift to second. The temporary fix, according to them, is to grease the spline where it enters the clutch plates. This comes from the engineer at Tremec who designed the TR6060. They are aware of the problem and have been asked to come up with a fix or design change but have informed me that the problem is more with the clutch than with the tranny. Who do we believe?:confused: Constant quick(and I mean QUICK) high rpm shifts, for those that are capable, will result in synchro failure for sure. Hate to say it but this car can not be driven as it was meant to be, at least not in my book. I have also received unofficial word that there is a design change in the works to increase the surface area of the discs(tranny) as they were modified in the final producition stage. Sounds like there are issues to me, although no one wants to step up to the plate. Looks like nothing much has changed in the American Auto Industry for those who chose the first production of a new transmission and dual disc clutch marriage. Put the product out there to meet production date deadlines and worry about how the chips fall down the road. How did Mr. Shelby allow this to happen is beyond me. Hope he makes some tranny modifications to the Super Snake, or maybe that is why it comes without a warranty.:eek:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying to get a date for the dyno right now. I'll let you know when and the results.
Yeah, you ordered and installed it the sametime that I did. Kinda curious what yours is doing.:rolleyes:

Still waitting to hear from Fred. I have to go to work! I will call them back in the morning.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Yeah, you ordered and installed it the sametime that I did. Kinda curious what yours is doing.:rolleyes:

Still waitting to hear from Fred. I have to go to work! I will call them back in the morning.
I set it up for Friday because of weather concerns but I may try to move it up to Wednsday. It's starting to look like the weather may be ok.

The dyno shop told me he has done 2 GT500s so far. One stock (445 hp) and one with a cai & tune only at (522). Mine will be the 1st with a pulley. He seems as anxious as I am to test it.:)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I set it up for Friday because of weather concerns but I may try to move it up to Wednsday. It's starting to look like the weather may be ok.

The dyno shop told me he has done 2 GT500s so far. One stock (445 hp) and one with a cai & tune only at (522). Mine will be the 1st with a pulley. He seems as anxious as I am to test it.:)
That is what I am sayin.....mine can't be right.

Harley, do me a favor and see how your A/F is. Mine never went above 11 (rich) the tune commanded 11.8 but never seen it.
thanks
JJ

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I just re-scheduled the dyno for tomorrow.

While I was on the phone I asked him again about the other 2 GT500s he dynoed.

He said the stock one was 449 rwhp and the other one only had a tune from Superchips (no cai) and it was 522 rwhp.:)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just re-scheduled the dyno for tomorrow.

While I was on the phone I asked him again about the other 2 GT500s he dynoed.

He said the stock one was 449 rwhp and the other one only had a tune from Superchips (no cai) and it was 522 rwhp.:)
I am waiting on your numbers. I talked to fred today and he seems to think my numbers are so low because I only had 530 miles on the car when I dynoed it. I wouldn't think it would be that big of a differance. He told me to put another 500mile on it and then go and have it redynoed. But at the the same time he asked where the wideband was taken and I said at the tailpipe and he so Oh no you need to tap in before the the cats. In which he is kinda steping on his toes by saying that right after I told him it was running rich. If I was tap in and check the A/F before the cats had time to clean up the unburnt fuel then It would ready richer.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well anyways I am going to put the exhaust on (when I get it) and put some more miles on the car and then I am going to have it dynoed tuned here locally. To hell with mail order canned tunes.

So how did your car do today harley?:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I am waiting on your numbers. I talked to fred today and he seems to think my numbers are so low because I only had 530 miles on the car when I dynoed it. I wouldn't think it would be that big of a differance. He told me to put another 500mile on it and then go and have it redynoed. But at the the same time he asked where the wideband was taken and I said at the tailpipe and he so Oh no you need to tap in before the the cats. In which he is kinda steping on his toes by saying that right after I told him it was running rich. If I was tap in and check the A/F before the cats had time to clean up the unburnt fuel then It would ready richer.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well anyways I am going to put the exhaust on (when I get it) and put some more miles on the car and then I am going to have it dynoed tuned here locally. To hell with mail order canned tunes.

Well the results are in and mine is the same as yours. Very disappointing.:( :confused:

505.89 rwhp and 496.81 torque (I want my other 50 ponys:mad: )

My car has 1,500 miles on it so I don't think the extra miles will change yours.

I was told my A/F was close but could use a little more between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm. He said over all it was good though. Not sure exactly where he tapped in but it was up by the cats.

I will call Fred tomorrow also and see what he thinks.

I think I'll get drunk now:( :confused:

Cal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Well the results are in and mine is the same as yours. Very disappointing.:( :confused:

505.89 rwhp and 496.81 torque (I want my other 50 ponys:mad: )

My car has 1,500 miles on it so I don't think the extra miles will change yours.

I was told my A/F was close but could use a little more between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm. He said over all it was good though. Not sure exactly where he tapped in but it was up by the cats.

I will call Fred tomorrow also and see what he thinks.

I think I'll get drunk now:( :confused:

Cal

Go to a different tune shop and have it dyno'ed.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Hi JJ and good talking with you the other day. Well, I posted my first thread a few moments ago in the General Discussion section. Man, hate you're having this trouble! I'm sure you will get it figured out soon, so we can hook em up!

You still have plans for the weekend?

flip

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Go to a different tune shop and have it dyno'ed.
I don't know of another close by. I'll have to look. I don't think there was a problem with the dyno. It's a Dynojet 248X.:confused:

Cal

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is my dyno sheet! The best run is in green and it was the first run.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
harley,
Have you decided what you were going to do now!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts