Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
"SAE" numbers are corrected for weather conditions and are what most shops use to compare.
STD is uncorrected and usually about 4% higher then SAE

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
What is the difference between SEA dyno numbers and STD numbers.
SAE is considered the standard that everyone goes by. STD will show higher numbers, and some shops use this to make the graph look better. I only go by SAE.

Uncorrected will often show even higher if the conditions are really good (like 20F ambient temp, high barometric pressure of 30.4inHG+, low humidity) but I don't consider it valid for the purpose of internet comparisons, since the car will only make that in those conditions.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The whole point of SAE numbers is to provide an equal playing field when it comes to comparing numbers. Obviously, a car dynoed in Denver and then dynoed in Las Vegas, despite being the exact same car/mods is going to have different numbers at the higher altitude than it does below sea level. By using a correction factor (i.e what the car would do at sea level with the same BP, temperature, etc.) you can compare numbers form anywhere in the country with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
So STD would actually be lower at denver's altitude 5280ft?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
So STD would actually be lower at Denver's altitude 5280ft?
Yes. STD correction works out a little lower than SAE.

My SAE 507 rwhp is 505 using STD correction. Uncorrected it's only 420. That's what this
altitude does to us.

·
Registered
180 Posts

My SAE 507 rwhp is 505 using STD correction. Uncorrected it's only 420. That's what this
altitude does to us.
At least we are all in the same boat!:p Forced induction is the only way to go at this altitude!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
At least we are all in the same boat!:p Forced induction is the only way to go at this altitude!
Yep. That's why I'm upgrading to the Evo Stage 2, 4lb lower pulley and a Stiegemeier port and throttle body. 18 lbs of boost, baby!

I'm convinced I can get this girl to 600 rwhp at this altitude. :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

altitude does to us.

STD's are not good,whether corrected or not.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts