Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here go to Shelby Fest ? I heard that they had a dyno available there for whoever.
I was wondering if they dynoed the supersnake that was there ? Was it equipped with the KB or the TVS ?
If so what were the numbers (RWHP + RWTQ ) anyone know ?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Heard the SS didn't dyno well - too much wheel slip on a wet dyno roller.

Iceman had highest #'s I think.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was there. Joe is correct.

·
Registered
257 Posts
SS was 586 I believe; running the kb

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Heard the SS didn't dyno well - too much wheel slip on a wet dyno roller.

Iceman had highest #'s I think.
I'm wondering what were iceman's numbers compaired to the SS on the same dyno.

When I had my car on the rollers at Evo back in May while tuning for the TVS, it was blowing the tires loose too. All we had to do was add two more tiedowns in the rear and really ratchet them down to correct this.
Even with a very conservative tune ( about 4* of timing pulled out at my request for saftey) mine made 665rwhp and 664 rwtq. at 14.6 lbs of boost

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think that iceman had around 717 or so; but he did his a bit later in the day, maybe the rollers were drier or warmer. To be honest, I wasn't paying that much attention, so I am really going off of what others have said and posted.

Joe

I didn't dyno mine at this event. I really just don't like the concept of these portable dynos. Mine really hasn't been changed much since last on the dyno, and I was at 540 rwhp or so then. Plenty for me.

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi George,

I did 2 pulls and put just over 730 rwhp and 650 torque down on the first but was very short on the RPM range. On the 2nd pull I went up a few hundred more to about 6200 RPM and put down right at 745 rwhp and I think 650 Torque again.

Compared to what i did at evo this was about 40 hp lower and 50 torque lower but as you know any number of things can have an effect and we had very wet air for sure. I was happy with my pulls and decided not to pull a 3rd one since I was only doing it for fun and not to figure anything out.

There is a video of it out there but i ave yet to get to see it so some time I hope it will surface.

·
Registered
257 Posts
sorry chris, didn't mean to short you on the hp :hippy:

it would be interesting to also have seen what bill the harley dealer would have done. When he started his burnout at the riverfront park parking lot, I actually sidestepped a few steps to make sure I was well out of the way. It sounded pretty mean taking off. Hey all, off to mid mo for the week, hope all of you have a great week.

john

·
Registered
52 Posts
no worries - The 717 was the red car that was running the KB with a 2.5" upper pulley and race gas.

Bill would have been in the 800+ for sure. I think he had the day before been right around 900 on an indoor dyno with better conditions but his car is an animal. I just could drive on those pizza cutters all over the place. His burn out lightened the rear end by a pound just from the rubber piles he left :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is there any chance you will be updating and linking to the shelbyfest.net web site? I checked in there but there was nothing new. That would be a cool place to keep updates through out the year and plans for the next one even if it is just little things.

I'm already looking forward to next year. We had a good time there all week end and my son is still sleeping with the cars he got there....it's actually quite annoying, but he doesn't want to open my signed one anymore so THANKS for the door prize!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi George,

I did 2 pulls and put just over 730 rwhp and 650 torque down on the first but was very short on the RPM range. On the 2nd pull I went up a few hundred more to about 6200 RPM and put down right at 745 rwhp and I think 650 Torque again.

Compared to what i did at evo this was about 40 hp lower and 50 torque lower but as you know any number of things can have an effect and we had very wet air for sure. I was happy with my pulls and decided not to pull a 3rd one since I was only doing it for fun and not to figure anything out.

There is a video of it out there but i ave yet to get to see it so some time I hope it will surface.
Great numbers Chris.What pulleys are you running and what is your boost at 6200rpm ? Do you know what your max WOT timing is ?

Why are they being so secret with the SS results? I can't believe they would dyno any car with wet rollers either, makes no sence to me.

I am very curious to see what kind of numbers the Shelby SS/ KB combo is getting as well as what the SS TVS combo is getting also.

Until I see actual dyno #'s I will have to assume the numbers are low and that's the real reason for the unwillingness to share them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am running a 93 + torco tune with the 2.8 KB and a 3.25 upper and the 4lb lower. The timing for this tune is about 19 or 20* if I recall correctly. I have a race tune with a bit more and a really detuned 91 octane pump gas only that is pretty low but even that has solid numbers on a dyno - it just doesn't feel as good to drive and is rich but in a bind it would be good to have vs other alternatives.

As for the boost. here is a dyno chart for you from my pull at evo. This is SAE corrected too - you should see the not corrected one I made him print me for kicks :D

About the super snake - First it is an amazing looking car. Probably the best I have seen in a long time all cars considered. I don't care for Red and it was that nice. I'm also not a 20" rim guy but I liked the ones on this car.

He made his pull early in the day when it was still a bit colt and damp out but it was not raining - i think he beat the drizzle. Cars were on there all day and everyone pulled a little lower than they expected they would pull due to the conditions. Me included if you compare to my graphs here I figured i would be about 40 HP more than i was. I think there was a little slip but my KDW's didn't slip much blame on the tire choice of the SS if anything. Personally I think there was not as much slip as many would like to believe. I stood pretty close to watch the pull live and while i was not right next to the rear there was no smoke or anything rising from the tires. There also is little side wall and it was outside so they may have just slipped a little and thrown it off but really if you add in the 40-50 that most were lower than expected the 586 is now 626-636 which in my mind is right where it should be for a 725 at the motor package.

I don't know what pulley he was running but you have to keep in mind 725 SS package is just like our 500HP stock - its at the crank not the wheels. Would i take an Evo/Lund tune over the tune with the SS - Hell yes any day of the week but i don't think the SS put up numbers that were terrible like people want to make it sound. We all expected a bit higher than the 586 but that was way early in the day before we really saw the pattern of everyone being a little lower than expected.

All IMO of corse. If that SS was black he would have done about 50 more HP at least ;)

Sorry - here is a link to the chart - it must be too big to attach here: http://www.blackvertmafia.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6&d=1209043321

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the detailed explainaton Chris. I do think that the 20" wheels and very small side wall tires are not the way to go at all performance wise.
I do agree that they do look great however.That said I would love to see the SS numbers on Evo's Mustang dyno.

BTW I wasn't able to view your dyno sheet on that site . I'm not a member therefore not able to log in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have it posted on Team Shelby too I think so when it comes back up....

Or just join at BVM - it's free too and despite the name caters to anyone and everyone. In fact there are some pretty cool features goin into it with pictures and such. I'll post it someplace easier to get to if TS doesn't come back online by Wed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There is a video of youtube of a white ss with the 725hp package on the dyno and he pulled 634hp at the wheels if I remember correctly, that sound pretty good to me since that factors out to about a 13% loss to powertrain

·
Registered
643 Posts
Iceman, I was the guy parked next to you in the black coupe with my son. We need to get some pics out here. Shelbyfest was a good time and I can't wait until next year. :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am with you. We forgot our camera and video camera both and have been living through the few pics that have surfaced. I know Kyle has some video and a lot of pics that get sent to him for his dvd so they will come sooner or later. There are a few that have popped up on TS and BVM and a few have come buy in e-mail but I always like seeing them. I look forward to that event stating the day after - it's like Christmas when you were 9

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I am with you. We forgot our camera and video camera both and have been living through the few pics that have surfaced. I know Kyle has some video and a lot of pics that get sent to him for his dvd so they will come sooner or later. There are a few that have popped up on TS and BVM and a few have come buy in e-mail but I always like seeing them. I look forward to that event stating the day after - it's like Christmas when you were 9
Here you go...

Oh wait...wrong show. :ack: :cowtounge:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts