Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Hey, any idea what the rule is for having a driveshaft loop on the car? I know some tracks are different and if you run a certain speed, they will require a loop.

Additionally, is there a "Rule-Of-Thumb" for a certain horsepower/torque rating that mandates the requirement for a LOOP (just to be safe)?

Thanks

flipmo

·
Registered
471 Posts
My rule is if your concerned in not having your drive shaft go through the car specially if you are going to modify your car I would suggest put one on. It will save your car plus yourself.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yepper- what sn8kbyt said.
i purchased one with my driveshaft because i'd rather be safe than sorry. a couple hundred is better than a couple thousand.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
My rule is if your concerned in not having your drive shaft go through the car specially if you are going to modify your car I would suggest put one on. It will save your car plus yourself.
Agree. If you have a car that is making more than stock power, a DS loop is a good idea. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: DriveShaft Loop (Who Makes)

Hey, where are you all getting the Loop from. I heard that BMR makes one for the GT500. Are there any other manufacturers out there making the loop for our cars? Website or phone number if you have please. My gut is telling me to purchase and install one quickly.

Thanks

flip

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered from BMR, looks to be a nice set, front/rear. Extra safe for when the Kenne Bell goes on.... :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

Hey, where are you all getting the Loop from. I heard that BMR makes one for the GT500. Are there any other manufacturers out there making the loop for our cars? Website or phone number if you have please. My gut is telling me to purchase and install one quickly.

Thanks

flip

Che loop.Do a google or call Evolution.:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Che loop.Do a google or call Evolution.:D
Thanks Fred. I'll be ordering the Evo loop first thing in the morning. Was going back and forth between the BMR and Evo. Appears the Evo was a 1-piecer.

flip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts