Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Dream car new to me 2011 SGM gt500

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  InPursuit 
#1 ·
Hello all! Picking up my new to me 2011 gt500 next week, an absolute dream come true! Got fortunate enough to trade with someone in Jersey who is getting my racered GTCS (and cash on top of course). It is SGM with a stripe delete, and also had the SVTPP. Following mods include:

2011 Shelby GT500

1 of only 232 Sterling Gray Metallic stripe delete cars.

43,830 miles

Car came from Southern California before I bought it and is absolutely immaculate. Still smells new inside.

Engine:

2.3 TVS Trinity Blower Swap

2.67 Pulley

90 MM Metco Idler Pulley

Stock 11/12 Injectors

VMP Boost a Pump

123MM JLT Carbon Fiber Intake

Super Cobra Jet Monoblade Throttle Body

Dual JLT Catch Cans

VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger

C&R big aluminum radiator

Exhaust:

Stock Manifolds

3” JBA H-Pipe (with gutted cats and 02 extenders - no CEL)

3” Magnaflow OTA’s

Roush Axleback (Car is extremely loud)

Drivetrain:

One piece Aluminum Driveshaft from the Driveshaft Shop

Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace (impossible to find)

MGW Shifter

McLeod RXT Clutch

McLeod Stainless Clutch Line

Upgraded Larger 13/14 Rear Brake Calipers/Rotors

Suspension:

SVT Performance Pack Car

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Eibach Camber Bolts

Whiteline Fixed Rear Lower Control Arms

Whiteline Relocation Brackets

BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar

Undercarriage photos were before Panhard bar and Eibach Springs were installed

Tune:

Tuned by JDM Engineering of Freedhold, NJ. Car makes 638/605 to the wheels on a 93 pump gas tune. Have 93 Performance tune with rear 02’s turned on currently loaded onto the car.

Previously had a 2014 mustang gt cs, so this is a substantial upgrade to say the least! Look forward to being part of the community!

Pics below include both of our cars when we first met up, red car is my old gtcs, SGM is my new baby.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello all! Picking up my new to me 2011 gt500 next week, an absolute dream come true! Got fortunate enough to trade with someone in Jersey who is getting my racered GTCS (and cash on top of course). It is SGM with a stripe delete, and also had the SVTPP. Following mods include:

2011 Shelby GT500

1 of only 232 Sterling Gray Metallic stripe delete cars.

43,830 miles

Car came from Southern California before I bought it and is absolutely immaculate. Still smells new inside.

Engine:

2.3 TVS Trinity Blower Swap

2.67 Pulley

90 MM Metco Idler Pulley

Stock 11/12 Injectors

VMP Boost a Pump

123MM JLT Carbon Fiber Intake

Super Cobra Jet Monoblade Throttle Body

Dual JLT Catch Cans

VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger

C&R big aluminum radiator

Exhaust:

Stock Manifolds

3” JBA H-Pipe (with gutted cats and 02 extenders - no CEL)

3” Magnaflow OTA’s

Roush Axleback (Car is extremely loud)

Drivetrain:

One piece Aluminum Driveshaft from the Driveshaft Shop

Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace (impossible to find)

MGW Shifter

McLeod RXT Clutch

McLeod Stainless Clutch Line

Upgraded Larger 13/14 Rear Brake Calipers/Rotors

Suspension:

SVT Performance Pack Car

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Eibach Camber Bolts

Whiteline Fixed Rear Lower Control Arms

Whiteline Relocation Brackets

BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar

Undercarriage photos were before Panhard bar and Eibach Springs were installed

Tune:

Tuned by JDM Engineering of Freedhold, NJ. Car makes 638/605 to the wheels on a 93 pump gas tune. Have 93 Performance tune with rear 02’s turned on currently loaded onto the car.

Previously had a 2014 mustang gt cs, so this is a substantial upgrade to say the least! Look forward to being part of the community!

Pics below include both of our cars when we first met up, red car is my old gtcs, SGM is my new baby.

View attachment 225302
View attachment 225305
View attachment 225303
View attachment 225304
Fantastic! Welcome to the forum and congrats on entering the wonderful world of SHELBY! 🤟

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your new toy!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

Reactions: Fw55
#4 ·
No Definitely! I bought my coyote bone stock 3 years ago and built it to what it is today, and I loved the entire process. I have known the previous owner for a little while now and know the exact mods he did, that they were done correctly (as you said mostly by reputable shops, has it all documented too!), and most importantly has it modded exactly how I would have done it myself. So sounds like a win win this time, no complaints buying a modded car 😁

#6 ·
I remember seeing this car for sale a while back! Glad you ended up snagging it. Enjoy and be safe

Reactions: Fw55
#9 · (Edited)
Congratulations, that car is a beauty & the history will be very easy to trace. The owner you bought from was a real estate agent I believe and posted lots about it on svtperformance.com when he bought it and what he did to it. I think he also put a few videos on YouTube about it too in regards to the Trinity SC swap. If you dig around enough on that forum you should be able to find his posts. Enjoy the new ride/power, I’ve watched this video on it several times!

#10 ·
Yes you are correct this is the car! Ive known the owner for a little while now, took fantastic car of the care! Very tastefully modded as well. I had a eureka moment where I saw the video above and didn't realize it was the one I was buying, cool to see the feature online!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.