Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GT500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 SVTPP GT500 and I’m curious as to what the best drag wheels would be. I thought I saw someone say you needed extended studs for certain wheels? I’m more concerned about the rear than the front because I know I’ll need an 18 inch rim to clear the brembo’s. Anyone running the VMS setup on their Shelby? Any help is appreciated I’d just like to get a radial on this thing ASAP lol

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,480 Posts
I own a 2012 SVTPP GT500 and I’m curious as to what the best drag wheels would be. I thought I saw someone say you needed extended studs for certain wheels? I’m more concerned about the rear than the front because I know I’ll need an 18 inch rim to clear the brembo’s. Anyone running the VMS setup on their Shelby? Any help is appreciated I’d just like to get a radial on this thing ASAP lol
Moved your post here to our racing section. If I’m not mistaken, you can put a 15” wheel on the back of the S197 GT500 since it has small standard Mustang rear brakes.

·
Registered
2012 GT500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moved your post here to our racing section. If I’m not mistaken, you can put a 15” wheel on the back of the S197 GT500 since it has small standard Mustang rear brakes.
Oh really? I guess you only gotta worry about the 13-14’s since they have the big rear brakes. Any 15” wheel recommendations?

·
Registered
2010 Kona Blue
148 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

As mentioned above, 15 x 10 will fit with a sway bar relocation kit. Pretty easy to install. I just went with the LMR drag wheel setup.

Reactions: Goose17
1 - 7 of 7 Posts