Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Shelby GT500 running a 2.9L Whipple SC, Corsa Exhaust, Forge Fuel Lines, VMP Twin Jet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I really want to fit a pair of these sumit wheels on my rears only, for track days. I have a 2010 GT500.

However after reading a few articles on this forum, I can see that the offset will be a problem as it’s 25.00mm. The bolt pattern looks ok at 5 x 114.3mm|5 x 4 1/2 in.

it’s my understanding that the gt500 set up requires a 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern and 45mm + offset

Is there any way I can make this work through spacers/adaptors or any other route?

Thanks in advance

Ben

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,090 Posts
Hi all

I really want to fit a pair of these sumit wheels on my rears only, for track days. I have a 20 GT500.

However after reading a few articles on this forum, I can see that the offset will be a problem as it’s 25.00mm. The bolt pattern looks ok at 5 x 114.3mm|5 x 4 1/2 in.

it’s my understanding that the gt500 set up requires a 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern and 45mm + offset

Is there any way I can make this work through spacers/adaptors or any other route?

Thanks in advance

Ben
Welcome to the forum Ben! You mention 2010 in the title, but then 20 in the thread. I assume you mean a 2010. If I’m not mistaken, you can use a 15” wheel on the back of a 10, but only an 18” wheel on a 20. Hopefully someone will chime in that has gone this route.

If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area below. Also, please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Lastly, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

Reactions: bstirls

·
Registered
2010 Shelby GT500 running a 2.9L Whipple SC, Corsa Exhaust, Forge Fuel Lines, VMP Twin Jet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim! Your right I have a 2010 and so the size is 15” but if I’ve understood it correctly it’s the offset on the rears that seems to really limit the options.

I’ll leave a post on the welcome page 👍🏻

·
Registered
2014, GT500, PP & TP, Cortex suspension
210 Posts
Thanks Tim! Your right I have a 2010 and so the size is 15” but if I’ve understood it correctly it’s the offset on the rears that seems to really limit the options.

I’ll leave a post on the welcome page 👍🏻
I am good with the Forgestar options that exist. They have plenty of vehicle specific options for offsets. You will not be disappointed. Recently purchased a 17X10.5 set for the rear of my 2014. 17's are about as small as can be had for a 2013/2014 without modifying the brakes and shocks. I have not mounted yet as tires are hard to come by.

Reactions: bstirls

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am good with the Forgestar options that exist. They have plenty of vehicle specific options for offsets. You will not be disappointed. Recently purchased a 17X10.5 set for the rear of my 2014. 17's are about as small as can be had for a 2013/2014 without modifying the brakes and shocks. I have not mounted yet as tires are hard to come by.
Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve looked at Forgestar and they seem like a good bet, I just would have liked to achieve a traditional drag wheel look.

I’m going to into the Forgestar option as the next question I have is if I can fit the 15” wheels on the rear, I’ve seen it done on a 2010 GT500 so fingers crossed.

If anyone knows please comment?

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,236 Posts
I've had 15 x 10's on the back of my 11, both RaceStar & Weld Racing.
The only mod I remember is the rear sway bar relocation kit, BMR, but there are others.
I don't remember the off sets or back spacing, but dealers have that info.
The car was not lowered.
.........RaceStar

.........Weld Racing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had 15 x 10's on the back of my 11, both RaceStar & Weld Racing.
The only mod I remember is the rear sway bar relocation kit, BMR, but there are others.
I don't remember the off sets or back spacing, but dealers have that info.
The car was not lowered.
.........RaceStar

.........Weld Racing

Great info thank you!

Sounds like I should get the 15” wheels with a sway bar relocation kit!

would you say it’s better to have big tire walls or width as seems like you can get 10.5 in 17” but I’m keen on the 15” with a bigger wall?

thanks

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts