Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original transmission part number is TUET5800.

The new transmission part number is TUET8175B.

I am interested to know when these new transmissions started going into the 2008 GT500.

The drawing for the revised transmission was released and approved on 8/9/07.

The only change is in the input shaft that interfaces with the clutch spline hub.

Tremec did 2 things to the input shaft.

1.) The input shaft has a revision in diameter of the groves in the 26 splines. Tremec's drawing shows a "higher pin diameter". That is a form of measurement in the ten thousandths. It is a very minor change that made the groves a little wider in the splines to give a little looser tolerance with the clutch hub.

2.) The input shaft is highley polished after it is manufactured.

If you look on the side of your transmission it will have a metal tag on it that looks like this:

The top left number is the ford parts number. The top right number is the coded tranny build date.
The bottom left number is the tremec part number (TUET#). The bottom right is the serial #.

To find out the date of the tranny manufacture this is the decoder.

A=Jan
B=Feb
C=Mar
D=April
E=May
F=June
G=July
H=Aug
J=Sept
K=Oct
L=Nov
M=Dec

The 2 numbers after the letter represent the day the tranny was built.

The next number is the year.
7=2007
8=2008

The next number is the shift it was built in.
1=Shift 1
2=Shift 2

So with that being said, lets try to pin down just when the new revised transmission started going into the 2008 GT500's. POST YOUR MODEL NUMBER AND MANUFACTURE DATE OF YOUR TRANNY.

Take a photo of your tag if you can.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Does your 2008 have a TUET 5800 or TUET 8175 B, Tremec's new Transmission for the GT5

I will go first.

My replacement tranny is a

TUET8175B

Manufacture code = M2671

Which is decoded to Dec. 26th 2007 on shift 1

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: Does your 2008 have a TUET 5800 or TUET 8175 B, Tremec's new Transmission for the GT5

It looks like the only way for us to tell what our car has is with the transmission out of the car unless we can get a full build sheet history on our cars.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If the tag on the tranny shows the new part number, then you know you got the new tranny. The purpose of this thread is to identify the early start date of the new tranny part number.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

I agree the position of the tag would be out of reach.

My car is too low to even see up the side of the tranny, untill I jack it all up again next time.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I agree! Question? Can the tag be read without lowering the tranny? The placement of the tag may make this a mute point if an easy read is not possible. Want the real fix, then go here. May be as popular a EVO soon, if you know what I mean.

http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5021&Itemid=8
Blayne read his tag when he put it up on the ramps. I think he used a mirror.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

I think this is the $6500 upgrade people are talking about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It looks like the only way for us to tell what our car has is with the transmission out of the car unless we can get a full build sheet history on our cars.
I was able to read mine with an extending mirror, pretty easy. I took a pix and that was tricky, I'm photo challenged anyway. I should have taken a pix of the metal tag when my new tranny was in the box, but didn't.

·
Registered
645 Posts

I'll have to run down to the dealership on Monday to see what the tag on my new tranny says.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

Joe,

How much for the tran$formation ???
Initially I was told between $3200 & $3400 and this was preproduction. A new tranny is approximately the same so that is what I am expecting. Should have it back in a week, so I will give you the actual price at that point.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I'll have to run down to the dealership on Monday to see what the tag on my new tranny says.
I am glad to here yours is in.:)

When are you scheduled for the transplant ?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

Initially I was told between $3200 & $3400 and this was preproduction. A new tranny is approximately the same so that is what I am expecting. Should have it back in a week, so I will give you the actual price at that point.
What rear gears are you running and what trans gear package did you choose ?
Thanks....

I have 373's and would opt for the 266 1st gear with the new improved main input shaft.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

What rear gears are you running and what trans gear package did you choose ?
Thanks....

I have 373's and would opt for the 266 1st gear with the new improved main input shaft.
I am currently running the stock 3.31's and have gone with the 2.97 1st as I do like the 2.07 second. Was trying to have George use the .74/.50 5th 6th with the anticipation going to the 3.73's, but was told it was not possible. With the 2.07 second and 3.73 rear I am going to try and launch in second gear to eliminate the quick one two shift and hopefully shave some time off the quarter.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I am glad to here yours is in.:)

When are you scheduled for the transplant ?
As soon as the snow disappears long enough to get the car out of hibernation from my office building. It might be a while.

I have to wait for the '08 flywheel damper to show up, too. Maybe I'll to get the SS brake lines beforehand, too. Maybe the new BMR DS, too.

So much to do, so little time.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I have been doing some more research.

As I stated in Post #1 Tremec approved the revision to the input shaft on 8/9/07. Per discussion with Tremec, it could of taken up to 2 months to get this drawing implemented into a finished product on the production line. I was told by Tremec that some of the TUET5800 series transmissions got this revision before the official part number was changed to TUET8175B.

This makes since to me because I have 2 friends that were waiting along time for the revised transmissions back in that time period.

One of them recieved his transmission the 3rd week of October 2007 and the other one recieved his the 2nd week of November.

Both of these transmissions have Mid October 2007 manufacture dates stamped on the transmission tag.

IMO, based on my research, any Tremec transmission with a manufacture date of mid Oct. 2007 and on, has the newly designed input shaft in it regardless of weather or not it says TUET5800 or TUET8175B on it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I have been doing some more research.

As I stated in Post #1 Tremec approved the revision to the input shaft on 8/9/07. Per discussion with Tremec, it could of taken up to 2 months to get this drawing implemented into a finished product on the production line. I was told by Tremec that some of the TUET5800 series transmissions got this revision before the official part number was changed to TUET8175B.

This makes since to me because I have 2 friends that were waiting along time for the revised transmissions back in that time period.

One of them recieved his transmission the 3rd week of October 2007 and the other one recieved his the 2nd week of November.

Both of these transmissions have Mid October 2007 manufacture dates stamped on the transmission tag.

IMO, based on my research, any Tremec transmission with a manufacture date of mid Oct. 2007 and on, has the newly designed input shaft in it regardless of weather or not it says TUET5800 or TUET8175B on it.
I did some more digging and found out that only 20-30 transmissions with the Part number TUET5800 were produced that have the new input shaft that is now standard in the new TUET8175 model. I also found out that the new input shaft Part number TUFM6047 is not available to buy seperately. Not even Ford can order one. You have to buy the entire tranny if you needed a new input shaft. It might become available after the tranny is 2 years old which would be in about 6 months.

I also wanted to find out what our input shaft is good for. Well, it's good for 600 pound feet of torque. Also in case you are wondering, our transmissions hold 3.46 litres of tranny fluid with a +/- factor of 4 oz. To be exact, it holds 117 oz or 3.657 quarts. In simple terms that would be 3.7 quarts on the high end or 3.6 quarts on the low end of the spec.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
315 Posts

600 LBS of torque? That's it? Tht's not anything. The new Vette's put that out stock. Anyone with a modded blower is putting out more then that....

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

I did some more digging and found out that only 20-30 transmissions with the Part number TUET5800 were produced that have the new input shaft that is now standard in the new TUET8175 model. I also found out that the new input shaft Part number TUFM6047 is not available to buy seperately. Not even Ford can order one. You have to buy the entire tranny if you needed a new input shaft. It might become available after the tranny is 2 years old which would be in about 6 months.

I also wanted to find out what our input shaft is good for. Well, it's good for 600 pound feet of torque. Also in case you are wondering, our transmissions hold 3.46 litres of tranny fluid with a +/- factor of 4 oz. To be exact, it holds 117 oz or 3.657 quarts. In simple terms that would be 3.7 quarts on the high end or 3.6 quarts on the low end of the spec.
Good info. Rob. Even more reason to consider the RSG transformation. Theirs is good for 750 HP. I guess if you are considering a SC change you may want to consider their conversion. I will check with George at RSG and ask about his input shaft torque rating.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts