Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never had a car ordered before so wanted to post here and see if everything on here looks right? guessing a fax machine time/date was off showing the 8/22/05 date. just reading some forums with another persons problem I can see its an order priority 10 which is good and it has my name for customer at the bottom. says DORA processed 7/8. what is a DORA? also I'm pretty sure I shouldnt really have a VIN yet so whats the number/letter combo mean next to VIN # towards the top on this sheet?

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. Means nothing more than the company saying "yep...got it". You won't have a VIN until your car is scheduled for build.

Your Priority means the dealer isn't in a hurry to get it built. Priority codes are also based on models. In other words, if your dealer has 4 GT500s being built, the #10 priority would be the last one (others will have lower codes, unless they're all assigned #10 because he/she didn't actually state one on the order)

So, the company knows your dealer wants them to build a car.

Congrats.

bj

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.
I was under the impression the priority 10 was the highest from what I read on a post on the teamshelby forums where someone else had a problem with their order.
"i know you probably have been dealing with your dealer for a while but i think your dealer entered your order as a dealer stock order or something because on your factory order sheet you
have a priority of 80 which i'm prety sure means that ford only schedules your car to be built if they have room after all customer orders are scheduled, my sheet has a priority code of 10 which i'm told is highest, cause it means that your an actual person buying the car not a dealer stock order, and where your's say "cust/filt name:" my sheet has my last name that follows, and underneath that part your sheet says "dlr invtry" or something like that, my sheet does not have that which seems like dealer inventory and my sheet does not have the dealer price, it just has the retail sticker price."

Its just so crazy how some people are getting their cars in 3 months and other have been waiting 6 or so.

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
thanks.
I was under the impression the priority 10 was the highest from what I read on a post on the teamshelby forums where someone else had a problem with their order.
"i know you probably have been dealing with your dealer for a while but i think your dealer entered your order as a dealer stock order or something because on your factory order sheet you
have a priority of 80 which i'm prety sure means that ford only schedules your car to be built if they have room after all customer orders are scheduled, my sheet has a priority code of 10 which i'm told is highest, cause it means that your an actual person buying the car not a dealer stock order, and where your's say "cust/filt name:" my sheet has my last name that follows, and underneath that part your sheet says "dlr invtry" or something like that, my sheet does not have that which seems like dealer inventory and my sheet does not have the dealer price, it just has the retail sticker price."

Its just so crazy how some people are getting their cars in 3 months and other have been waiting 6 or so.

If he just didn't want it to be built, yes, he could have put it in at higher number. Yes....10's are generally sold orders. But here's the deal....your 10 (and let's say your guy put 3 of them in at a 10...it happens)...only means you're somewhat of a priority to the dealer. That doesn't mean your dealer is a priority to Ford.

I ordered my GT500 the day the order books opened in 2006 (March something). It was built the 27th of June. Production started on 6/6/06.
My order was, uh, a corporate priority so cars that were built before mine were either "corporate priorities", too but frankly most of them were simply luck of the draw.

My 2009 Escape Hybrid had a corporate push behind it and it still took 3 months because my area wasn't a priority for the company. California was.

So, it's more about your dealer's zone person pushing it up the ladder to the company's allocations people.

bj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts