Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,486 Posts
Not! Lol. Yes That means Live Long and Prosper and I add may the Force be with you. Star Trek/Star Wars humor. 😜
You're conflicted!

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I honestly kind of vacillate between gender-neutral (it/the) and female (she). It depends upon the context of me referring to the car, and the mood I'm in. No solid rule there.

I do have one solid rule though.. No names.. My dad's girlfriend (of 36 years) does that. My sister has always done that. And it drives me far enough up the wall, that I can't make myself do it. LOL..

And if I had a nickel for every dude out there who's named their muscle car "The Beast", Bill Gates would be my personal Geek Squad guy.

As for treating cars as just soulless machines, JAFA, I don't subscribe to that either. I tend to take a good amount of pride in the ownership, and most of all upkeep and preservation, of my vehicles. A ton of fine memories accrue as well. That's why I love to keep them rather than sell or trade. There's a lot of pride and history there, and the older the car gets, the finer the wine tastes when I take it out for a spin.

If everyone on the planet treated cars as disposable tools, there'd be no classics left to enjoy, everything would be used-up, consumed, and recycled into steel roofing. So a measure of sentimentality and affection definitely isn't a bad thing.

But I can understand if you worked at a dealership for a long tune, in the "turn-and-burn" world of roll 'em in and move 'em out, that you'd eventually become a bit numb to it all.

It's no different than sex becoming "just a job" to a prostitute. ;) LOL..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,483 Posts
It's no different than sex becoming "just a job" to a prostitute. ;) LOL..
Is your prostitute a he, she or simply “The Beast” boss?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Is your prostitute a he, she or simply “The Beast” boss?
I stick with inflatable, so that I'm not guilty of exploitation of any gender or species in this new woke world..

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
i call my f350 beast , my wifes little honda the go cart , my shelby is a she cause she is pretty , a he would make him too pretty for a male, which means gay most likely .Not insulting any gays intentionally , just sayin . Centaur

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got into an argument with a millennial who thought it was wrong to refer to my GT500 as a female. I told him that it goes way back to when sailors referred to their ships, pilots and their fighter planes, etc, as a female. I have always known people who refer to their car as a she. What is wrong with it? Why do I need to make a millennial feel that they are better then us because we happen to refer our cars in the female sense?

Just like in the movie The Big Lebowski Walter said, “8YO’s Dude.” That what I would have said to that person. 8YO’s Dude!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have never referred to my vehicles as “him” or “her.” I don’t see them as “people.” I see them as badass cars. I call them:
The 89
The 93
The 94 Pace
The 95 hardtop
The Mystic
The R
The Terminator
The Shelby (2011)
The 20

These names help both the family and me keep everything straight.
Likewise, we have
The blue car (2013 Shelby GT500)
The truck (2005 Chevy Avalanche)
Mom's car (2016 Land Rover)

There is no gender in our vehicles. I also call Bruce Jenner "He", but I am old fashion like that.

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,709 Posts
I got into an argument with a millennial who thought it was wrong to refer to my GT500 as a female. I told him that it goes way back to when sailors referred to their ships, pilots and their fighter planes, etc, as a female. I have always known people who refer to their car as a she. What is wrong with it? Why do I need to make a millennial feel that they are better then us because we happen to refer our cars in the female sense?
Ha...
If I we're to tell you what I would have said to the lil turd, Tim would give me a week or so "vacation".

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
223 Posts
I have never referred to my vehicles as “him” or “her.” I don’t see them as “people.” I see them as badass cars. I call them:
The 89
The 93
The 94 Pace
The 95 hardtop
The Mystic
The R
The Terminator
The Shelby (2011)
The 20

These names help both the family and me keep everything straight.
Yup, I’m with you... my Omni was the sh!tbox, the Dart was just that, the Shelby and the Convertible...

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
50 Posts
lol on a lot of post in this thread. Call me old fashion, but personally, I like my women without balls and therefore I have a problem calling fast cars "she".

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
My Shelby, Ducati and Jeep are all dudes.

Make whatever you want of that. :)

Reactions: Goose17 and GT5HNDO

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,483 Posts
lol on a lot of post in this thread. Call me old fashion, but personally, I like my women without balls and therefore I have a problem calling fast cars "she".
😆😂🤣

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I tend to hammer on my fast cars, and drive 'em aggressively...

And that's all I have to say about that.. ;)

41 - 56 of 56 Posts