Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get a new set of wheels and tires. I don’t want to break down my stock tires to use the sensors. Does any one know if the ‘07s had sensors with bands or the sensors on the end of the stems. I can’t seem to find a definite answer.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
My stock wheels on my 07 had band sensors. When I changed wheels and tires I went with the stem mounts. You will also need to purchase the training module for the new sensors.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I would resist the temptation to go to stem mounts because if one of those break you just have it fixed.

You'll never be able to say "I'm getting the band back together."

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK. Thank you. So the band sensors are factory, but both style will Communicate with the module, correct?

·
Premium Member
930 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
yes both styles can work.
the band style was originally used on the 07-09 cars.

most use the stem ones today.
keep in mind if going with the stem sensors make sure they are the correct frequency.
i think the 07-09 uses one frequency and the 10-14 is different

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can anyone give me another option besides the $160 American Muscle ones? Seems very pricey to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
114 Posts
$100 shipped, us seller, but no programer but most shops have programmers and will program for free if you buy something.

·
Registered
123 Posts
$100 shipped, us seller, but no programer but most shops have programmers and will program for free if you buy something.

My local Discount Tire linked mine for free when I paid them to mount my tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
i work at a VW Mazda dealership. the techs regularly program other make cars for good repeat customers a LOT and it's often done N/C.
with the proper tool it only takes 5 - 10 min to do the job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts