Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 1st ding the other day...:( .......driving down the freeway and a big ol rock got tossed up .....:mad: .........now I have a divot in my windshied with half a dozen little spider cracks coming out of it. I guess something was going to happen sooner or later....just wish it was a lot later.

How about anyone else ? Got your 1st ding yet ?????:( :( :(

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
My 1st came direct from the Mech installing my HomeLink mirror. He broke a chunk out of my windshield getting the orig mirror off. So here's another way you're CopyCating me.....;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Oh by the way, sorry about your mishap..... Damn stones. We need to invent a bubble to drive around in.....;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry too, mine hasn't seen too much road time therefore I have not had a chance to get one but I hope you guys dont get anymore dings

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a small chip in my windshield from a rock (two weeks after I received my car) and I have a couple of tiny stone chips in my paint, in the front and one right next to the heat extractor on the passenger side nothing too bad, but I guess that is expected when you drive it on a daily basis.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No dings yet but I do have a small chip in the front bumper down low. You can't see it unless you squat down and look at the front of the car.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've got to admit, when I think about it, I might be persuaded to trade a small ding/chip for the ability to drive these cars year round.

Although you're all unlucky with the dings/chips, you get to drive and enjoy these gems.

Weather update from Calgary in farenheit, yesterday a beautiful 62 (16c) and sunny, today we wake up to 20 (-6c) degrees and 6 inches (15 cms) of snow with another inch (2 1/2 cms) to fall before we warm up to 38 (3c) and sunny by this afternoon. Crazy weather!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Ouch!!! Stone chips.....PatientMan, Red Shelby, Elete1, Limopop, sorry to hear that. But, like Elete said 'if you're gonna drive it', it's bound to happen. Knock on wood.......... I've been really laying back from anybody in front of me if I can't pass them. But I'm sure my day is coming. Just part of driving.........:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I don't like this thread. It makes me sad. :(

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Don't be sad Mr Prez.... S--- happens......................Better a ding'd Shelby, then no Shelby at all.............

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch!!! Stone chips.....PatientMan, Red Shelby, Elete1, Limopop, sorry to hear that. But, like Elete said 'if you're gonna drive it', it's bound to happen. Knock on wood.......... I've been really laying back from anybody in front of me if I can't pass them. But I'm sure my day is coming. Just part of driving.........:mad: :mad: :mad:
" if I can't pass them ".......:eek: :eek: ...........The only ones that are a problem for me have those light bars on the top..:p :p

But you're right, I drive it most days and unfortunatly it's gonna happen.

:(

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Don't be sad Mr Prez.... S--- happens......................Better a ding'd Shelby, then no Shelby at all.............

Doh,that stings!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hey now, bogey. That just put you on my list. :mad: :D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
OOPS!!!!!!!!! Not referring to your dilemma at all. Just in general. I've been sympathetic to your plight........;) :D :D :D NO STING INTENDED:( :( :( :(

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
OOPS!!!!!!!!! Not referring to your dilemma at all. Just in general. I've been sympathetic to your plight........;) :D :D :D NO STING INTENDED:( :( :( :(
Yeah, I know what you meant. Just giving you a hard time. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a rock chip in the windshield and a hail dent in the hood.
Hail Dent:confused: .You drive your Shelby in hail? It must have been a big one as the hail in ca isn't big enough. Sorry you got nailed. GGBIW

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hail is my biggest worry in Denver. I won't be driving in storms, but sometimes the T-Storms come out of nowhere, and the hail can get BIG!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts