Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I've read conflicting info, but my car has them and I'll be replacing since these look fairly gnarly. Ford's website says these are "for lowered cars", so I'm confused.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,446 Posts
Ford Racing's snubbers were stock pieces for the 2011 up. They are a softer durometer which works well with a lowered vehicle. I usually cut them down to have some daylight between the frame and top of the snubber at ride height. If it sits on the bump stop, that's pretty much your suspension.

This is what it should look like.

The mounting bracket is a relocation bracket to move the snubber inboard because I removed the factory bumpstop bracket. Otherwise yours would use the mounting bolt closest to you in the picture and there will be no other provision for a bolt.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
735 Posts
Thanks @Catmonkey. I need to check mine out for clearance as my 2011 svtpp rides like a haywagon on these stinkin Michigan streets. Maybe your suggestion is the cure.

Reactions: REMIX

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,458 Posts
Just curious. I've read conflicting info, but my car has them and I'll be replacing since these look fairly gnarly. Ford's website says these are "for lowered cars", so I'm confused.

View attachment 208501
Dang, yours looks like some mice or another varmint has been chewing on it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts