Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I are going to the Detroit Grand Prix today.FoMoCo gave me a nice package(paddock pass,reserved seat in Grand Stand #3,Grand Prix Bucks and a pass to park on the Island in the Mustang Corral)if I would take the Stang.It's suppose to be a beautiful day today 85*ish.I hope everyone has a nice and safe Holiday.:bandit:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Have a great day at the Grand Prix and a great holiday, Fred! Take some pictures for us and I need a high resolution one of your car on the island!

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
My son and I are going to the Detroit Grand Prix today.FoMoCo gave me a nice package(paddock pass,reserved seat in Grand Stand #3,Grand Prix Bucks and a pass to park on the Island in the Mustang Corral)if I would take the Stang.It's suppose to be a beautiful day today 85*ish.I hope everyone has a nice and safe Holiday.:bandit:
Sounds like a great time. Have fun and a safe weekend.:)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Have fun Fred!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys/gal.It was a great time.My son got to sit in a Porche open wheeled type Indy car.He loved it.Cobramach1 and his wife met up with us on the Isle.It was a 1st rate venue.There was a Mustang Corral,Viper Corral and a Corvette Corral.The cars in the Corral's were the only cars on the Island.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, did you take any pix?

I'm from Detroit but stuck here in Illinois working for Chrysler.

·
Registered
547 Posts
It was a great day. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics either. I was having too much fun just relaxing and shooting the breeze with Fred and his son and just enjoying the weather. We were playing musical lawn chairs for awhile in the grass trying to stay in the shade as we relaxed before the main race started late that afternoon.

I was out on Belle Isle for a meeting for work today and they were still tearing down. I wished I had brought my camera because I could have parked either under the Firestone bridge or the start/finish line and taken a picture of my car on the track because the stands and all bridges and such were still up today yet.

It was cool and Indy racing was definitely more fun than I thought it would be.

In addition to the cars that Fred mentioned they also had a Porsche Corral and of all things a SMART Car Corral!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts