Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what I am going to replace her with yet. I really like the GTR, but they are still bringing big money here in South Florida. Also looked at the Cayman S, but no real tuning potential.

Anybody know where I can find the trade-in value for my car, just in case it doesn't sell? None of the normal sites like kbb.com have any numbers for 2008 or 2009 Shelby GT500's. It says not enough data to determine a trade-in value. Anybody care to estimate what I might be offered if I trade the car? Thanks in advance.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3775

·
Registered
547 Posts
NADA.com should have a trade-in value for your car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
6 mos ago, you would have gotten near sticker.

Now with the economic downturn... probably $35k-$38k as it sits. You'd get the same if you stripped it back to stock. You'd be better off stripping it, selling the aftermarket stuff here or at TS, then selling the car.

You'll end up probably $2k richer that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6 mos ago, you would have gotten near sticker.

Now with the economic downturn... probably $35k-$38k as it sits. You'd get the same if you stripped it back to stock. You'd be better off stripping it, selling the aftermarket stuff here or at TS, then selling the car.

You'll end up probably $2k richer that way.
If I trade the car, I will strip the performance parts. Just thought I might get something for the performance upgrades in a private sale. Dealer offered me 36K on trade, didn't really discuss what he was charging me for his car. I'm sure he was figuring full retail to show me more for the Shelby. Wholesaler said 7K miles was high for my car. He said that the last two 2009's he retailed went for 40K, they only had 2K miles. It's sad to think 7K is high mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Wholesaler said 7K miles was high for my car. He said that the last two 2009's he retailed went for 40K, they only had 2K miles. It's sad to think 7K is high mileage.
Low mileage is for those that buy these cars to make their garage look good! :rofl:

I bought mine to drive, it's way too much fun to leave it in the garage. It's roughly 2 months old and has over 2,000 mi on it. I really feel for the folks that live in the northern areas and have to store their cars and bikes through the winter.

I saw a lot of the same thing with the Retro T-Birds. Folks just polished them and kept them in the garage planning on it being a collector's item. I figure by the time that happens I won't be around to take advantage of it. My '05 T-Bird has over 35k on the clock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why are you getting rid of it?
Just not excited about driving the car anymore. I miss the light nimble handling that I got from the Vette and 335. The Shelby just feels clunky and heavy, pulls hard in a straight line though. Not sure what's next, just ready for something different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts