Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.How many people have been told by a dealer or signed paperwork with a dealer indicating they will pay MSRP?Please no flaming,I would like to know what people are hearing from the dealerships.

·
Registered
81 Posts
...I am for one,..and know 3 dealerships that do!(with long list obviously).:D Its not Ford,its the Dealerships that are greedy!;)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great,3 dealerships.Here in Michigan I have called over 30 dealerships and not 1 will sell for MSRP.I wish we had some of those dealerships around here.People are calling from other states trying to get a Shelby from Michigan.Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
My deal with a deposit was written up as dealer has right for sale at fair markit value. They too don't know how many Shelbys they will get, or when so i still don't know what the final cost will be. If over fifty grand looks like a better choice to purchase a GT used and up grade it. Saw an 05 GTfor sale with super charger 3,500 miles with warrenty, silver on silver asking $29,000 or best offer, also 411 rear and lowered, owner said he'd gotten very few calls on it, had great low end power, dyno close to 370 hp, at fly wheel.

·
Registered
81 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Just curious.How many people have been told by a dealer or signed paperwork with a dealer indicating they will pay MSRP?Please no flaming,I would like to know what people are hearing from the dealerships.
I know what you mean brother,..its late in the game now and the "greed factor" is spreading amoung the dealers....I guess the possible good news of all that might be that after the first initial wave of consumers buy their Shelby's,..eventually you might even see them on dealers lots the following year at msrp or maybe even just under.Hang in there.;) :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
The paper work I signed says that "Market Price (not MSRP) To be Determined". Hum, this could be a problem... I see what your getting at. I suppose they could set the price higher, if others are doing the same?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that is what my paperwork says also.They know somebody else will step up and buy the car especially once they are seen in the public.Market price refers to whatever the dealer thinks the market will bare,i.e. $10,000 above sticker?

·
Registered
9 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Yes that is what my paperwork says also.They know somebody else will step up and buy the car especially once they are seen in the public.Market price refers to whatever the dealer thinks the market will bare,i.e. $10,000 above sticker?
That's not great news. However, this dealer did tell me that they would not do what other dealers were attempting to do.. take advantage of customers! Anyway, they went on to tell me of their reputation, and that they value me as a repeat customer... on-and-on. We'll see I suppose. I'd hate to lose my 'non refundable' $1000 deposit, because they marked up the price by $20K, which is what another dealer has offered me, and I refused.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope they treat you right.If they are reputable they should treat you right.I don't know why they said non refundable on your deposit though.Even the dealers in Michigan and Ohio said it would be above sticker but if you back out you could have your deposit back.Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I left a fully refundable $1,000.00 deposit with my local Ford SVT dealer on 3/28/05. The dealer did not have a waiting list, so guess who is #1. My paper work states price not to exceed MSRP. Even though I have that in writing something tells me that I will wind up in court with the dealer, sometime after I take delivery of my GT-500 Convertible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
rvitucci said:
I left a fully refundable $1,000.00 deposit with my local Ford SVT dealer on 3/28/05. The dealer did not have a waiting list, so guess who is #1. My paper work states price not to exceed MSRP. Even though I have that in writing something tells me that I will wind up in court with the dealer, sometime after I take delivery of my GT-500 Convertible.
Believe me, Im calling my dealer Today.. I want to find out exactly how much integrity they actually have, by way of changing the wording on my contract. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
rvitucci said:
Best of luck, hope your dealer treats you with integrity, but it sounds like you've nailed the right method and choice of words. As for me, Im calling my dealer today.. try to change in wording.. namely 'not to exceed MSRP'.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think a lot of dealerships will be price gouging, at least for the first few months. The key will be to find small market dealers and try to work a deal with them.
I have been talking to my local dealership since the news broke about the Shelbys. I have been told that I will get mine for MSRP and maybe less. My family has a long running relationship with this dealer and I trust what they say. We have been dealing with them for 40 plus years.
They told me that all dealerships will get at least 1 Shelby and SVT dealers will get 2. They said that the Ford rep told them that since the family had been with Ford for so long that they would try to send them 2 even though they are just a standard Ford dealer.
Try calling around to the rural dealers to see what you can find.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When it sounds too good to be true ...... you know the rest. If anyone actually gets one for MSRP it'll only be because they are close personal friends with the owner of a dealership. The dealers would be crazy to give them away for MSRP when the demand is clearly going to fetch $30-$40K above (see EBAY for proof). I still love the car at $85 or $90K, and unfortunately that'll probably be what I'll be paying for it. Oh well, it's a collectors item!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, I stand corrected. I checked up on the Shelby's I'm watching on EBAY and one is still at $30K over MSRP with 2 days left, but another is only $14K over MSRP and one auction actually ended with a bid of only 14K over MSRP. That's not bad at all! :) That would put total price at $60 or so if MSRP comes in mid $40's. But I wonder why one auction is up to $30K over (maybe they're guaranteed to get a Shelby and the other ones are only hoping?)

·
Registered
14 Posts
hot2trot said:
Hey, I stand corrected. I checked up on the Shelby's I'm watching on EBAY and one is still at $30K over MSRP with 2 days left, but another is only $14K over MSRP and one auction actually ended with a bid of only 14K over MSRP. That's not bad at all! :) That would put total price at $60 or so if MSRP comes in mid $40's. But I wonder why one auction is up to $30K over (maybe they're guaranteed to get a Shelby and the other ones are only hoping?)
Or maybe they or bidding up their own car. No big deal if they have to pay themselves!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, I bet you're right. There's no reason not to try and bid up their own car and see if someone will jump in at a higher price. If they don't get a buyer, they can just re-run the auction. On most of the other ones, about $15K over MSRP is the going rate right now.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I put down a deposit Jan 24th 2005 after selling my Dakota truck not even knowing allot about the new Mustang. I was just hoping for a SVT version of the new body style I had no clue about a GT500. I went to the dealer last week to fill in the blanks since the order form is out, such as the color, and the few options you have a choice on. I went with Red/White stripes, Red/BLK leather interior, Upgraded Dash, Shaker 1000. Did not choice the Sirus radio since it will sit in the garage most of its life. The dealer is getting only a couple but I am first in line :) Price the magazines say 39,999.00 But with the options I choose MSRP will be between 42K & 45K. Also no time frame, the dealers will be told at the end of the first quarter when to expect them. All magazines say June but I am guessing July is when they will show themselves.
I will post pictures once I have it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
david85719 said:
Dealerships here in Northern NJ are selling and taking deposits for $20k to
$30k over MSPR. I'll pass.
I passed on the Charger SRT8 because of the markup, and I'll pass on the GT500 as well. You MUST be an idiot to pay over MSRP for a car... something that is NOT GUARANTEED to increase in value (like a house, given some parameters).

Now we hear that Ford MAY be putting a BOSS mustang together, 5.4L no blower... 390-400hp... how much do you want to bet that Ford will NOT produce this BOSS in numbers, and the markups will be ridiculous as well?!?!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts