Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has been making the rounds on FB by now but Mustang Lifestyle just posted a video on the incident. Sheds a little more light on what happened. I didn't realize it but this was a local car that I've seen around a few times.

Don't let the car out of your sight if visiting a dealership. 😠

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
I think this happens a lot more than we hear about. I was at the dealer for an oil change on our GT and the kid in the service department didn’t even get out of earshot before aggressively spinning the tires. This was just a common GT they see all the time. I can’t imagine what they’d do to a GT500.

When we were getting line-x on the wife’s Raptor, I thought it had significantly more miles on it than when we dropped it off and the auto start/stop was disabled. That happens when you engage sport mode. Why did they need sport mode to pull the truck 30 feet to their shop door? Unfortunately the truck was brand new and I hadn’t installed the dash cam yet so I couldn’t prove it. Imagine if those retards hit somebody on their joy ride.

You should see a video I have of my super duty during its last service. Some kid moving my truck to the service bay was cussing about my seat AC and literally beating on the button to turn it off. It is that loud. That really pissed me off considering what that truck cost. You’d think they’d see the blinking LED on the dashcam and at least make it look like they’re being careful. Here’s the video.

If I get a GT500, it won’t see the dealer until I get cameras installed.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this happens a lot more than we hear about. I was at the dealer for an oil change on our GT and the kid in the service department didn’t even get out of earshot before aggressively spinning the tires. This was just a common GT they see all the time. I can’t imagine what they’d do to a GT500.

When we were getting line-x on the wife’s Raptor, I thought it had significantly more miles on it than when we dropped it off and the auto start/stop was disabled. That happens when you engage sport mode. Why did they need sport mode to pull the truck 30 feet to their shop door? Unfortunately the truck was brand new and I hadn’t installed the dash cam yet so I couldn’t prove it. Imagine if those retards hit somebody on their joy ride.

You should see a video I have of my super duty during its last service. Some kid moving my truck to the service bay was cussing about my seat AC and literally beating on the button to turn it off. It is that loud. That really pissed me off considering what that truck cost. You’d think they’d see the blinking LED on the dashcam and at least make it look like they’re being careful. Here’s the video.

If I get a GT500, it won’t see the dealer until I get cameras installed.
Unfortunately, I think you're right... It's a whole lot more prevalent than most people even realize. The camera setup is a very good idea!

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
Unfortunately, I think you're right... It's a whole lot more prevalent than most people even realize. The camera setup is a very good idea!
Yeah. I have 100 hours of videos when the Raptor was in for cam phaser replacement. Some of these dealership employees really make you wonder. Lol

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,091 Posts
Reactions: SnakeCollector

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
I make a habit of writing down the exact mileage on any paperwork I fill out at the dealer and then tell them I don’t give them permission to take it off the property for any reason. If they need to do a test drive from work that requires one I demand that I will be in the car when it is driven.
Now I also have a dash cam but anyone can unplug the power to it if they know it’s there.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,482 Posts
The comical part here is that it sounds like the dealer screwed themselves or at least Carvana as the owner had sold the car back to Carvana at over MSRP and then it was totaled. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: SnakeCollector

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
I make a habit of writing down the exact mileage on any paperwork I fill out at the dealer and then tell them I don’t give them permission to take it off the property for any reason. If they need to do a test drive from work that requires one I demand that I will be in the car when it is driven.
Now I also have a dash cam but anyone can unplug the power to it if they know it’s there.
I don’t think they’re smart enough to unplug it. Lol. Mine is hardwired and sits behind the rearview mirror, but the cord plugs in with a mini USB, so it would be easy to disable. I’ve never noticed anyone even looking directly at mine though. If I had video on it that showed someone messing with it, I know I would be pretty pissed.

I’m thinking about doing a DVR in the 500. Will mount the cameras remotely and hide them as well as I can.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
I don’t think they’re smart enough to unplug it. Lol. Mine is hardwired and sits behind the rearview mirror, but the cord plugs in with a mini USB, so it would be easy to disable. I’ve never noticed anyone even looking directly at mine though. If I had video on it that showed someone messing with it, I know I would be pretty pissed.

I’m thinking about doing a DVR in the 500. Will mount the cameras remotely and hide them as well as I can.
Mine is also hardwired but I’ll probably get the Blackvue security mount which prevents anyone from unplugging it.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
Mine is also hardwired but I’ll probably get the Blackvue security mount which prevents anyone from unplugging it.
Those are nice cameras. I have Garmin 67Ws in both my truck and the wife’s. They work very well and are super small. You can’t even see mine from the driver’s side. The mirror completely hides it. I’m thinking of getting the new Blackvue DR900x for the cloud functionality, though.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive parking light Automotive mirror Bumper

Engineering Gas Bumper Machine Wood

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
Those are nice cameras. I have Garmin 67Ws in both my truck and the wife’s. They work very well and are super small. You can’t even see mine from the driver’s side. The mirror completely hides it. I’m thinking of getting the new Blackvue DR900x for the cloud functionality, though.

View attachment 225385
View attachment 225384
I have the 900X and can’t see the front cam either. The rear cam I can see but it’s not obtrusive.

Reactions: HVCalTech

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,091 Posts

View attachment 225385
View attachment 225384
If you get it, use my install video:

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,247 Posts

View attachment 225384
which mounting system is that for your V1?

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
which mounting system is that for your V1?
It’s a Blendmount. The one pictured is in a 2019 F150 Raptor. Part number FOR-000.

This one is mounted in a 2019 F250 King Ranch, also a Blendmount. Part number FOR-009.

Car Mirror Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Blendmounts are great. I have had probably 8 of them over the years. They’re very high quality and super secure. I’m pretty nuts with my radar detectors. I run a dedicated app called JbV1 that blends crowdsourced data from multiple sources warning you of police with historical data showing past reports from waze and highwayradar. You get real time audio and visual alerts from waze and highwayradar and ADS-B based alerts of aircraft near enough to do VASCAR enforcement showing you distance, direction, and N number plus the registered agency the aircraft belongs to. Plus, it generates a moving heat map telling you the enforcement threat level based on both that crowdsourced data and other JbV1 users actual radar hits by gps location. It also enables automatic and manual GPS based lockouts of falses. Finally, I run front and rear Antilaser Priority laser jammers.

Sorry. That’s probably more info than you really wanted. I tend to get carried away when people ask me anything about radar detectors. It happens to be one of my other hobbies/obsessions. Lol

Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Gear shift Plant Motor vehicle

I told you I’m nuts.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,247 Posts
How often do your laser jammers save you?

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
It’s a Blendmount. The one pictured is in a 2019 F150 Raptor. Part number FOR-000.

This one is mounted in a 2019 F250 King Ranch, also a Blendmount. Part number FOR-009.

View attachment 225434

Blendmounts are great. I have had probably 8 of them over the years. They’re very high quality and super secure. I’m pretty nuts with my radar detectors. I run a dedicated app called JbV1 that blends crowdsourced data from multiple sources warning you of police with historical data showing past reports from waze and highwayradar. You get real time audio and visual alerts from waze and highwayradar and ADS-B based alerts of aircraft near enough to do VASCAR enforcement showing you distance, direction, and N number plus the registered agency the aircraft belongs to. Plus, it generates a moving heat map telling you the enforcement threat level based on both that crowdsourced data and other JbV1 users actual radar hits by gps location. It also enables automatic and manual GPS based lockouts of falses. Finally, I run front and rear Antilaser Priority laser jammers.

Sorry. That’s probably more info than you really wanted. I tend to get carried away when people ask me anything about radar detectors. It happens to be one of my other hobbies/obsessions. Lol

View attachment 225436
View attachment 225435

I told you I’m nuts.
Damn lol. That’s some dedication right there.

Reactions: HVCalTech

·
Registered
2020 GT500
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

View attachment 225434

View attachment 225436
View attachment 225435

I told you I’m nuts.
That’s freakin sweet!

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
How often do your laser jammers save you?
Not super often, but it only takes once to destroy your insurance premiums. I know some guys that have access to the latest lidar guns and I was on the way back from testing my jammer install in the wife’s truck. I got hit with a Stalker RLR/XLR at close to 30 over. That would have been a BIG ticket. Laser is your most insidious threat because you get zero warning. Once your detector alerts, they’ve got you. With the jammers, they just get a - - - instead of a speed reading. If you get on the brakes fast and then cancel the jammers, they don’t even know they’re being jammed. It’s common to get errors from the sun or the beam being reflected at odd angles, etc. Jammers are completely legal in my state, but the fastest way to get them outlawed is to poke the bear, so to speak, and piss off the cops by just leaving the jammers on, referred to as JTG or jam to gun. That’s exactly what happened in Texas. Even where they’re illegal, in most states it’s just a fix it ticket like for illegal tint, and that doesn’t kill your insurance premiums like a speeding ticket.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts