Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a good dealership/technician in Northern California to service my 20 GT500?

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang GT500
131 Posts
Anybody know a good dealership/technician in Northern California to service my 20 GT500?
What part of Northern California? Sacramento? More North? Less North?

·
Registered
250 Posts
That’s a wide berth. North of SF but south of Sac? I took my Mustang to Santa Rosa Hansel ford back when I lived out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s a wide berth. North of SF but south of Sac? I took my Mustang to Santa Rosa Hansel ford back when I lived out there.
I didn't say south of Sac. I said north of San Francisco. Was Hansel any good?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I asked the question...

why don’t you just tell us the damn city?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I asked the question...

why don’t you just tell us the damn city?
It's a secrete LOL I bet he works for the CIA and if he told you he would have to kill you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Macman755, I am not trying to be difficult. I just didn't understand your question about North of SF and south of Sac as I never said that. I live out in the country northeast of Santa Rosa, which is the closest larger size city. So Hansel is in deed the closest dealership to me. Are they any good?

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
52 Posts
If anyone can recommend a dealer in the Redwood City area that would be helpful too. Towne Ford is my local dealer just not sure about their Service Department as I've not used them before.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If anyone can recommend a dealer in the Redwood City area that would be helpful too. Towne Ford is my local dealer just not sure about their Service Department as I've not used them before.
Here is what I did to find my dealer. I took my DD in for a oil change and a tire rotation. I talked to everybody there and if I got the sense they were going to love my car as much as me than I get my service done there. Sometimes my dealer isn't the best but they treat me right. If I had a problem they fix it right away.

Reactions: Goose17 and Hex

·
Registered
299 Posts
James Ford in Half Moon Bay has been stellar for me and my GT500. I bought it there even though I live less than a mile from a local Ford Dealer in Silicon Valley. He is "rural" but sells a lot of GT500s surprisingly. The last time I had the car in that was dealer related, his SVT / Roush / (something else) specialty tech did my FR/ Whipple 750 kit install along with a few more things I added. The owner can come off as a bit grumpy, but he's a straight shooter and no bs either direction that really knows the cars. He's a former modded Lightning owner (before somebody totaled his truck). Has and supports customers with modded GT500s. He's also connected to the Mustang racing community. YMMV

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
52 Posts
James Ford in Half Moon Bay has been stellar for me and my GT500. I bought it there even though I live less than a mile from a local Ford Dealer in Silicon Valley. He is "rural" but sells a lot of GT500s surprisingly. The last time I had the car in that was dealer related, his SVT / Roush / (something else) specialty tech did my FR/ Whipple 750 kit install along with a few more things I added. The owner can come off as a bit grumpy, but he's a straight shooter and no bs either direction that really knows the cars. He's a former modded Lightning owner (before somebody totaled his truck). Has and supports customers with modded GT500s. He's also connected to the Mustang racing community. YMMV
Thanks Wingrider I forgot about James Ford. I've actually been there when I was searching. A bit further for me but I will give them a shot. Thanks again!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks Wingrider I forgot about James Ford. I've actually been there when I was searching. A bit further for me but I will give them a shot. Thanks again!
Happy to help. I think Marco is the service manager. Well, he has been in the years I have taken the cars in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts