Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in discussions with a local dealer about ordering a GT500. I know the owner in passing through my boss. Waht I was told by the salesman was that any dealer can order one, but that they would have to send a mechanic to become certified and meet some other requirements. HE estimated that it would cost about $3000 to do and might not be worth the hassle to them. Of course, I offfered to pay the $3K over MRSP given the other markups going on. Still waiting to see if they'll accept that, not bother with it at all, or screw the quasi personal relationship and get one for the highest bidder.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I Talked To A Dealer Today That Told Me The Same Thing Except He Said The Cost Was $1,500.00. These Cars Will Come Down From The High Levels They Are At Right Now. They May Still Be Over Msrp, But Not By Much After The First 2500 Cars Or So.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All the Dealers are inflating prices. I have used the same guy at the same dealership for 12 years. I was #1 deposit and was told no more than MSRP and X-plan if possible. He called three weeks ago and said his boss, #1 man, decided to take high bid, instead of taking care of a long time customer. My friend is the #2 man at the dealership. He was upset that he could not honor what he told me. We have been personal friends a long time. Dealers are greedy and suck!:(

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
jkittrell said:
I've been in discussions with a local dealer about ordering a GT500. I know the owner in passing through my boss. Waht I was told by the salesman was that any dealer can order one, but that they would have to send a mechanic to become certified and meet some other requirements. HE estimated that it would cost about $3000 to do and might not be worth the hassle to them. Of course, I offfered to pay the $3K over MRSP given the other markups going on. Still waiting to see if they'll accept that, not bother with it at all, or screw the quasi personal relationship and get one for the highest bidder.

I think he has more than doubled the cost but 3k is < than I paid.

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
I think he has more than doubled the cost but 3k is < than I paid.
I'll second that...If an 07 GT500 can be had @ $3K over MSRP at this stage w/o spending your life on the phone or computer searching for the MSRP deal (a divorce will cost you much more!:eek: ) I would be all over that...:D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
3 K. That's a steal...... Run with it fast as you can, if you can get it!!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, then PM me the info, so I can get my GT500 (I'll take the 2008 allocations) and then I'll help out the other folks here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts