Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
426 Posts
Just like scalpers, or the new accepted 'resale market' for tickets to concerts, sports, etc, or the new XBoxes and PS5s. If people didn't pay their inflated prices, they wouldn't exist. The problem is people want something bad enough that they're willing to pay extra. What's that saying about a fool and their money?

Reactions: Norton and msirach

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,439 Posts
@ MSRP, the seller is already making a profit.
On a 2011 MY GT500, there was 5K in the deal, extra money for each option in addition to that.
Have no idea what the factory sells a 2020+ for, would make sense that it would be more than 5K.
Any buyer is free to decide how much they pay for a car, if they think paying ADM makes sense, it is their money.
...........................5K ADM would almost have paid for the blower I put on my 14..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Any buyer is free to decide how much they pay for a car, if they think paying ADM makes sense, it is their money.
Well said Don. Who am I to judge how others spend their money.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
743 Posts
Yep --- when I searched I couldn't find anyone, who actually had an allocation, for anything under 10k ADM.
I didn't like it, but I decided it was worth it to me.... I found plenty above 10k ADM, and they were off the table immediately.

The ADMs for the CFTP around here were 30-40k -- and even though I wasn't in the market for one, that made me shake my head.
In fact, my primary dealer sold the first CFTP that I saw to a guy out of state for 50k over......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yep --- when I searched I couldn't find anyone, who actually had an allocation, for anything under 10k ADM.
I didn't like it, but I decided it was worth it to me.... I found plenty above 10k ADM, and they were off the table immediately.

The ADMs for the CFTP around here were 30-40k -- and even though I wasn't in the market for one, that made me shake my head.
In fact, my primary dealer sold the first CFTP that I saw to a guy out of state for 50k over......
50K over…. That’s absolutely insane. Could of bought a Ford Explorer for that money with your Shelby.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
743 Posts
50K over…. That’s absolutely insane. Could of bought a Ford Explorer for that money with your Shelby.
Agreed --- that's getting close to buying another Shelby lol

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
While $50k is no small amount, it did secure a CFTP a for that buyer. I’m sure he was happy with the purchase. My local dealer sold a base model for +$40k.

Reactions: DKnight

·
Registered
2021 Race Red Shelby GT500
97 Posts
@ MSRP, the seller is already making a profit.
On a 2011 MY GT500, there was 5K in the deal, extra money for each option in addition to that.
Have no idea what the factory sells a 2020+ for, would make sense that it would be more than 5K.
...........................5K ADM would almost have paid for the blower I put on my 14..
The avg gt500 has approx 3000 spread between invoice and msrp and another 1500 in hold back. Bottom line a dealer selling at msrp makes approx 5000.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I remember when I got my 07. There was lots of hype because someone was saying only 10,000 cars for 2 years only. Thats not a lot of cars in America. I have always wanted a fast car and here was my chance. Dealers were only getting 1 or 2 cars. Demand was through the roof. Every car mag had a red Shelby on the cover. I know because I have about 15 of them. Then there was the Movie I am Legend with Will Smith. its funny how Ford was able to hype this car beyond the moon. There were Shelby fans from around the world wanting this car. I paid $10,000 over and at the time that was a bargain. I heard that some guys paid 30 over but i don't know that first hand but in California it dosen't shock me. Now fast foreward to today people found out that just wait and get a used one for cheaper. When I look back I am kind of mad at Ford for not debunking the storty about building them for just 2 years. That would have stopped some of the ADM's. Insetad let us think there were only going to be 20,000 Shelby GT500's and that was it but they didn't stop and they didn't say anything.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
I remember when I got my 07. There was lots of hype because someone was saying only 10,000 cars for 2 years only. Thats not a lot of cars in America. I have always wanted a fast car and here was my chance. Dealers were only getting 1 or 2 cars. Demand was through the roof. Every car mag had a red Shelby on the cover. I know because I have about 15 of them. Then there was the Movie I am Legend with Will Smith. its funny how Ford was able to hype this car beyond the moon. There were Shelby fans from around the world wanting this car. I paid $10,000 over and at the time that was a bargain. I heard that some guys paid 30 over but i don't know that first hand but in California it dosen't shock me. Now fast foreward to today people found out that just wait and get a used one for cheaper. When I look back I am kind of mad at Ford for not debunking the storty about building them for just 2 years. That would have stopped some of the ADM's. Insetad let us think there were only going to be 20,000 Shelby GT500's and that was it but they didn't stop and they didn't say anything.
Thanks for the info Art. With an Apr 08 forum join date, I wonder if you are the earliest forum member still here today...?

It’s cool you still have your 07 GT500! 🤟

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,621 Posts
Thanks for the info Art. With an Apr 08 forum join date, I wonder if you are the earliest forum member still here today...?

It’s cool you still have your 07 GT500! 🤟
You know better than that, Timmy, or did you read my obituary? LOL! I understand Art's frustration with Ford. When I got my 07 during that summer I was unaware of any predictions of limited future MY builds. Fortunately, I paid MSRP as I was friends with the dealership owner. Hope he keeps it forever!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
You know better than that, Timmy, or did you read my obituary? LOL! I understand Art's frustration with Ford. When I got my 07 during that summer I was unaware of any predictions of limited future MY builds. Fortunately, I paid MSRP as I was friends with the dealership owner. Hope he keeps it forever!
Well shit Mike! I hadn’t seen you here in awhile. I thought you traded the Shelby for a golf cart! 😬 😜

·
Registered
533 Posts
Good advice. I read some old threads on the hype of the cars back in 07 and 08. I would have bought an 08 white with blue stripes but the dealer wanted +5k ADM. Fast forward to 09 and they were selling below sticker. I found the exact color combo I wanted 5 years later with 3000 miles for 20k less then sticker. Same thing will happen with these cars.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
I found the exact color combo I wanted 5 years later with 3000 miles for 20k less then sticker. Same thing will happen with these cars.
I assume you meant less THAN as less then sticker doesn’t make any sense.

Yes, you can always wait and the cars will be available cheaper later on in the used market. However, if you want the shiny new toy when they first come out, there is a fee associated with that.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
41 - 60 of 65 Posts