Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the dealer telling me he can install the ford Navigation in my shelby that was equipped with the shaker 500 stereo. I plan on keeping the orig radio. I just like the Nav radio. He assures me it will look and act like it came from the Factory.

Any one else gone that route

LLoyd

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have the dealer telling me he can install the ford Navigation in my shelby that was equipped with the shaker 500 stereo. I plan on keeping the orig radio. I just like the Nav radio. He assures me it will look and act like it came from the Factory.

Any one else gone that route

LLoyd
I seem to recall that you could not get Nav with the Shaker 1000. You should be okay.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
6 speed
he did mention that about the shaker 1000 was not capable of being swapped out

Lloyd

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
New Nav radio installed and working great. I watched the installer put it in, Not for the faint at heart. Pretty much all of the dash and console were removed. It does come out pretty easy. The only difficult part was plugging into the diagnostic port and keying into a laptop particuliars about the new nav unit. Something most of us just don't have. Very happy with the installation. Looks like it came that way from the factory.

lg

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Glad to hear you're happy with it. I heard that the NAV radio sounds a little better than the standard radio.

Did they just use the satallite antenna for the GPS?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GPS antenea is mounted under the dash behind the speedo. Apparently it can read through the dash. Works like a champ.
Lloyd

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
GPS antenea is mounted under the dash behind the speedo. Apparently it can read through the dash. Works like a champ.
Lloyd

That's how they are installed at the factory.Seperate antenna under the dash.The dash that have the nav have a clip for the antenna.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts