Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Youtuber Speed Phenom picked up his new 2020 GT500 in MI on Black Friday and drove it down to TX. He hit the drag strip in Ennis TX and set a record as a complete rookie. The car even had the splitter wickers and Gurney flap still on it which is for road course driving (adds drag). At the 4:20 mark, that’s Super Snake Austin @f2redpot talking to the driver (also named Austin) in the window. This car is full-on BEAST right out of the box... even on street tires.

The delivery thread:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I drove it around the block and can't believe how sophisticated the car is. İt was 35deg outside and the tires are Michelin 4S. I floored it on the highway and it barely spun then took off like a rocket straight as an arrow.

Attachments

·
#1 Mike!
8,656 Posts
And mind you, he's got the summer only tires on that beast. It obviously was a little chilly when he drove the car, so that definitely has to effect the traction, adversely, in cooler temperatures. AS Sean said in one word, impressive!

·
#1 Mike!
8,656 Posts
I drove it around the block and can't believe how sophisticated the car is. İt was 35deg outside and the tires are Michelin 4S. I floored it on the highway and it barely spun then took off like a rocket straight as an arrow.
Austin, did you mean that you were there at the drag strip and actually drove the car with it's owner? If so, Yay for you!

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Austin, did you mean that you were there at the drag strip and actually drove the car with it's owner? If so, Yay for you!
He was there at the strip and also drove the car later, not at the strip. I got a kick out of what Austin said: “It’s not even a fair fight!”

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Impressive that a rookie matched the numbers put out by Ford!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I connected him (his name is also Austin) with the drag event so he could do the filming. I was there and took my own pics. Austin and his dad crashed at my place then got back on the road home the next morning.

·
#1 Mike!
8,656 Posts
I connected him (his name is also Austin) with the drag event so he could do the filming. I was there and took my own pics. Austin and his dad crashed at my place then got back on the road home the next morning.
Sounds like a great time! Just curious, how old is Austin, if you know? He looks rather young. Must be financially well off! Thanks for the insight! Hope to see you in the Spring at Shelbyfest!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sounds like a great time! Just curious, how old is Austin, if you know? He looks rather young. Must be financially well off! Thanks for the insight! Hope to see you in the Spring at Shelbyfest!
He is 20 yrs old. All his $$ comes from his YouTube channel. He is also working on a business degree so he can be better suited to run his own "company".

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Tim
I hope you know that you're getting a beast of a car

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Wow. At 20 years old I couldn't afford a 20 year old car.

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
Anyone see any used 2020 GT500's for sale? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts