Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500, base/tech/stripes
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking about, and seeing the thread about the wrecked one in Orlando, and some experiences, I think I’m being pushed further towards wanting one. Maybe you guys can help me find the right one.

Ideally, here’s what I’d like….

1) no cloud. Records constantly on start up and records to a card. Bigger card obviously means more time recorded, but as long as possible would be nice.

2) automatically start recording over previous records, or previous times. If something happens, I could yank the card and have all that on hand.

3). Small. Hidden behind the mirror.

4) records speed and audio also

ideally, I’d like it to just sit up behind the mirror and record. Keep, I dunno, an hour or so, longer the better, on its own little card. Then, only time I’d have to mess with it is if something happened and I needed to yank the card out for the recording.

does anything like that exist? Does one meet the above but also have a rear facing camera built in it, that would peek around the rear view out the back window also?

thanks in advance y’all.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,093 Posts
Looking about, and seeing the thread about the wrecked one in Orlando, and some experiences, I think I’m being pushed further towards wanting one. Maybe you guys can help me find the right one.

Ideally, here’s what I’d like….

1) no cloud. Records constantly on start up and records to a card. Bigger card obviously means more time recorded, but as long as possible would be nice.

2) automatically start recording over previous records, or previous times. If something happens, I could yank the card and have all that on hand.

3). Small. Hidden behind the mirror.

4) records speed and audio also

ideally, I’d like it to just sit up behind the mirror and record. Keep, I dunno, an hour or so, longer the better, on its own little card. Then, only time I’d have to mess with it is if something happened and I needed to yank the card out for the recording.

does anything like that exist? Does one meet the above but also have a rear facing camera built in it, that would peek around the rear view out the back window also?

thanks in advance y’all.
Yes to everything you want:

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
Yeah, tim, that sure looks like it ticks every single box I have! Thanks man.
I have the same one and used @Goose17 video to install it. It checks all your boxes and if you ever decided to do cloud upload you have that option.
If you order one check google for coupons. I found one that got me 20% off if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2021 GT500, base/tech/stripes
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same one and used @Goose17 video to install it. It checks all your boxes and if you ever decided to do cloud upload you have that option.
If you order one check google for coupons. I found one that got me 20% off if I remember correctly.
I’ve looked at it, and a few other options but the blackvue def appears to the beat fit to what I want for sure. Almost no negatives. I’ve decided go go that same route. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts