Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i ordered my 2010 shelby last week and have been trying to get the sales lady to give me some kind of estimate on dates since prior to ordering i was told 12-16 weeks and then 4-6. she finally got back to me today in an email and said "Apparently Ford has cut the production of the GT-500 by 50%.So now we are being told that it is going to be a long wait but still, with no accurate time frame :( as of right now...Lisa is telling me that anything can change overnight but that is the current new's".

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I guess my sales manager was telling the truth when he said that the 2010 model was going to be very limited production. At the time I just thought he was trying to get me to buy the 09 he had on his lot.

Oh well, I'm very happy with my 09, but I feel badly for guys that were wanting a 2010 model.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think it's only a matter of time before this renewed muscle car thing comes to an end. It looks like it may be sooner rather than later. Hang onto your cars boys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
just got done reading an article on autoblog.com that said they had been contacted by ford who said that they werent actually cutting it to 2000 cars, so idk what is goin on with the 2010

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
here's what i posted in the other thread .....ford told autoblog to correct the info as well.

Michael Morris just posted this on TS:

OK guys

I just got a PHONE call from someone that KNOWS!!!!!! Ford and Auto Alliance READS these threads!! The call was from a HIGH up at the AA plant! He asked me to come on here and FIX this post. Autoblog is CHANGING there article. AA and Ford are building MORE than 2000 GT500s. He would not tell me exact number but it did say it was close to all the other years!!

"This is NOT from a ZONE rep, but from the guy that builds them! He called me for one reason and one reason ONLY! He asked me to come on here and CORRECT the MISINFORMATION that has been posted.

He wouldnt call me unless he was bothered by the post. Autoblog will be different in the next day or so also. So YALL heard it hear FIRST! Ford is building MORE than 2000 GT500s for 2010!!

Yall are welcome to contitue to agrue how many they are going to build, but this is the FACTS!! They will build as many as they have customers for!!!

Yall have a great day

MM"

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eh. I ordered just a week ago. I'll give it a month and if theres no status on whats going on i'll just try and find one at a dealership to pick up

·
Registered
411 Posts
So whats the upshot. Some say 2000 units others say as many as can be sold? Just curious.
FWIW, my dealer here in town said Ford told them 'no more allocations' for the rest of the year. They had one, and it was already in the showroom at MSRP. Time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts