Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT500
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen threads where people have done electronic cut outs but I’m sure many have sold their vehicles or are no longer active on this forum.

SO with that being said, who here now has electric cut outs? I have been eyeballing QTP low profiles. What is your review if you have these? Can you post a video aswell?

I’m curious to see how this would sound with something similar to my setup. I currently have OEM headers, L&M cams, lethal x pipe, no resonator and OEM mufflers. I know this will be nascar loud and I’m okay with that as I only drive my GT500 maybe 1 time a month. Also, I live right beside the Bristol Motor Speedway.., so around here “the people” are use to it lol

I like the idea you can control your “volume” by opening and closing the cut outs but are they really worth it? I’ve read some forums where people claim to gain hp is this also true?

thanks guys!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,285 Posts
A friend of mine had these on his Shelby with a built motor. With the cutouts open, it was impressively loud! It was nice to be able to control the volume with a flick of a switch. I wouldn’t consider this a performance mod. If there are any hp gains, it is minimal at best. This is a sound mod.

·
Registered
2012 gt500 Vert
146 Posts
Did a lot of soul seaching and research before I pulled the exhaust trigger. Considered cut outs but just heard too many horror stories about failure and maintenance required. Went to Borla S's.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems like a great idea... but the more I have read researching aswell... it’s all horror stories such as the butterfly getting stuck, exhaust leaks etc etc.. I’ve decided against it now. Some have had great success it appears and that’s great, but Not worth the money or risk.

I decided to go with magnaflow competition ??

Reactions: PM-Performance

·
Registered
269 Posts
It seems like a great idea... but the more I have read researching aswell... it’s all horror stories such as the butterfly getting stuck, exhaust leaks etc etc.. I’ve decided against it now. Some have had great success it appears and that’s great, but Not worth the money or risk.

I decided to go with magnaflow competition ??
I was going to chime in with this info, but wasn't sure if the tech changed much over the years so I didn't. All kinds of guys had problems with the actuators over the years. Are you sure the research you did was on current products though? I would imagine 15 yrs of tech would have fixed alot of these issues.

Make sure to post vids once those Mags are on.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to chime in with this info, but wasn't sure if the tech changed much over the years so I didn't. All kinds of guys had problems with the actuators over the years. Are you sure the research you did was on current products though? I would imagine 15 yrs of tech would have fixed alot of these issues.

Make sure to post vids once those Mags are on.
About everything I read on was 2010+ and I think the biggest issue was most people purchased kits with wireless remotes to open and close the cutoff vs the mounted switch running all the wires.

?? I definitely will! I can’t wait to put these on

·
Registered
269 Posts
About everything I read on was 2010+ and I think the biggest issue was most people purchased kits with wireless remotes to open and close the cutoff vs the mounted switch running all the wires.

?? I definitely will! I can’t wait to put these on
That's the problem when relying on Youtube for reviews on stuff. These people get stuff donated and don't ever tell you about issues with them. So it looks like these are really popular and trouble free.
Deff always go to forums for reviews on things as I am sure you already found. Or find someone honest that reviews things.

·
Premium Member
2010 GT 500
403 Posts
I like 'em!!! QTP no issues what so ever so far, just for sound because we are just big kids.... ;)
exhuast with cut outs.jpg

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
347 Posts
I put some on my Gt the year before I sold it. I never got them completely wired up and finished, but I did drive around with them for a few months temporarily installed. I had added lowering springs not long after I purchased the car, so ultimately I found mine just hung down too flipping low, as I would end up scraping the ground pretty easily if I wasn't extremely careful.

That being said, I did flipping love the sound and for the few months I ran them, I never had one issue with flaps sticking or not completely opening or closing. I took this pic just prior to running the wire to the cab, thus that is why your seeing it hanging down.

exhaust 3.jpg

I might have been able to run them had I cut into the x-pipe, but I had only just installed the kooks headers and kooks 3 X 2 1/2 x-pipe the month prior, so I just didnt have the heart to cut into them to add the bypass.

Glad your set up is working and your happy with it.

Reactions: GT500nVette

·
Premium Member
2010 GT 500
403 Posts
I put some on my Gt the year before I sold it. I never got them completely wired up and finished, but I did drive around with them for a few months temporarily installed. I had added lowering springs not long after I purchased the car, so ultimately I found mine just hung down too flipping low, as I would end up scraping the ground pretty easily if I wasn't extremely careful.

That being said, I did flipping love the sound and for the few months I ran them, I never had one issue with flaps sticking or not completely opening or closing.

View attachment 198554

I might have been able to run them had I cut into the x-pipe, but I had only just installed the kooks headers and kooks 3 X 2 1/2 x-pipe the month prior, so I just didnt have the heart to cut into them to add the bypass.

Glad your set up is working and your happy with it.
nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts